Chapter 5

One more day passed as usual. Sid did his work and went to police station but instead of helping him, they humiliated him and pushed him out as always. Avu's day passed while taking care of Vaish and Vaish sitting by the window talking to her baby.

At night, Sid again came home disappointed. Avu sighed seeing him. She didn't know what to do. Though she sits and talks with him, his pain lessens a bit but she can neither cure her husbands pain nor sister-in-law's completely.

She as usual fed Vaish her dinner and gave her medicines. After tucking her in bed, she had her dinner with Sid. They talked for sometime with him laying on her lap. While talking, he slept. She smiled and kissed his forhead. She made him lie properly and slept beside him.

In middle of night, both woke up because of screams. They both git afraid and looked at each other. Screams were coming from Vaish's room. They both ran to her room.

Sid: Dii

It was the only word that came out of his mouth. Avu immediately switched on the lights. She was standing there numb not knowing what to do or say. Vaish was screaming in her sleep. Her forhead was covered with sweat.

Vaish: Ahhhh chhoddo mujhe. Please mujhe nhi maaroo

She was screaming loudly. Sidneet got tears seeing her like this. With her every scream, they felt pangs in their heart.

Sid: Di utho. Didu uth jaoo please

He was patted her cheek and felt she had high fever. He put her head on his lap. She was screaming. He kissed her forhead and caressed her hair. Though her eyes were closed, his touch soothed him. Her one hand was cupping her cheek. She held his hand tightly. Her screams became muffled sobs.

Sid: Avu di ko fever

Avu: Mein wo garam pani ki patti krne ke lie lekar aati hu

Sid: Hnn

Sid picked up syrup from nightstand and opened her mouth and made her drink it. Avu brought the water and cloth. She soaked the cloth and gave to Sid. He put it on her forhead. He was almost in tears seeing his lifeline like this. Avu kept her hand on his shoulder and squeezed it.

Avu: She will be fine Sid

He just nodded not knowing what to say. Whole night passed away. Sid was sitting on bed with his head rested on wall and Vaish's head on his lap. He was still caressing her hair. Avu was sitting on ground on other side holding Vaish's hand and keeping her head on her hand. None of them slept the whole night except Vaish.

Sid checked her temperature and it had come down than last night. Sid sighed and kissed her forhead and cheeks. He laid her down properly. He went to Avu who was lost in her own thoughts. He shooked her.

Sid: Jaoo bed par araam se so jaoo. Saari raat nhi soyi

Avu: Tumhara breakfast bnaadu tumhe nikalna bhi hai kaam ke lie

Sid nodded. They both got fresh. Sid's blood was boiling more since he saw Vaish's this comdition. He wanted to kill those motherfuckers who were responsible for her condition. Avu prepared his breakfast and tiffin. He was not eating but Avu forced him as he ate a bit.

Sid: Agar di ki tabiyat zarra si bhi kharab lage to mujhe call kr dena. Aur doctor ko bhi

Avu: Hmm

Sid: Di ka khayal rkhna aur apna bhi

Avu nodded. Sid kissed her forhead and left.

To be continued

Stay tuned for next chapter