Missed Birthday (part 2)

"Ahem!" the voice of the waitress standing behind them awkwardly called out. She could smell some tense environment so she wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. "Your order, sir" then she looked at Shinichi and said, "uh sir if this is your friend, would you like me to bring your order here as well?"

Kaito was about to object but Shinichi cut him off saying "Yea, why not I guess?" Shit. This meant that Shinichi was either going to confront him about being Kid or just going to give a lame excuse and half-assed explanation of why he was staring at him like that which would probably make a normal person leave thinking he was some freaky kid.

"Um, do you have any business with me?" Kaito asked as Shinichi sat down opposite to him.

"I know your Kid. You can drop the act now" Shinichi deadpanned.

Kaito's whole body language seemed to change at those words, going from acting like a confused person to the person who wears the monocle and a top hat in white flashy clothes while being chased by the police. "Ooh~ my my meitantei always so smart and straight to the point ne~?" Kid practically purred the last word in his honey sweet voice. "So what brings you here cuz I'm pretty sure you're not the type of person to check out random sleeping people but if you don't have a nice excuse, then again I guess I would be wrong, right?" Shit. Kid has a point.

"Well this might sound really stupid or you might think that I'm stressing myself out way too much which I'm NOT, but..."

"But...?" repeated Kid as he made movements with his hands for the sleuth to go on.

"I was just making sure you weren't deadorsomething" The last three words were said in a hurry as the sleuth ducked his head and squeezed his eyes shut to not see the thief's expression but all he got in return was a confused "Eh?", just as the waitress put the sleuth's order on the table. "What do you mean just Eh?" He could literally smell the confusion coming of the thief so he decided to explain to him why he was acting like some creepy rapist stalker.

Shinichi sighed as he took a sip from his coffee. Might as well explain it ,he thought as he began, "Well, you see, I've been running into a lot of murders lately,... more than before and I just finished chasing one down before entering this place and... I'm just really tired and then I saw you with your head down and you can guess what came to my mind so I came to check... "

"sluuuuuuuuuuurrrrrppppppppppp" a long slurp was what he got in response and a an understanding hmm. "Well, it makes sense. Maybe you should try getting some actual sleep like normal people, you know" Kaito replied after the long sip from his chocolate shake.

"...maybe I should" Shinichi sighed then he started on his sandwich. "Well, what about you? What are you doing here?"

"Um, I guess you could say that I needed to escape some things or someone back home..." Kaito trailed off. Then he took a big bite from his sandwich and just shrugged.

"Which someone or something is this?"

"Ooh, aren't you curious? Well, since now you know my face, you'd eventually find out my name too so might as tell you" Shinichi perked up at this and looked at the thief like he'd just said that something like warm water can become lava. "Kuroba Kaito, magician extraordinaire. Nice to meet you" he introduced as he produced a blue rose. The sleuth took the offered rose as he replied, "Kudou Shinichi, detective. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance." There was a pleasant silence as Kaito gave him a bright closed eye smile.

'Kaito huh?... I like the sound of that' the sleuth thought as he twirled the offered rose in his hand and looked up at Kaito's smiling face. 'Cute... Wait what?! Did I just think he's cute?! No way because there's no way I have a crush on him! One,  because he's a boy and two, because he's literally the Kaitou Kid and I'm a detective! I'm supposed to catch him!' yea, catch him and make him mine, a traitor part of his brain said. His face heated up at his own thoughts.