Prologue

Characters used in this story are based on characters from the manga Black Clover.

Prologue

It all started 14 years ago when I met...him. I had just snuck out of my home to escape the mess my complicated family had going on. As I was wondering around town, I noticed a large house where a noble family lived, what I later learned was the House of Faust.

I stood and stared at the house for a while without realizing, before I heard a "Do you need something weirdo?" My eyes widened as I turned around and nervously laughed. At the time he had white messy hair, which was kind of cute to me. "Nahh, I don't I was just wandering around and I liked the way this place looked." He glared at me which kind of gave me a vibe that he was definitely intimidating. I broke the silence by saying "I'll be out of your business now." I smiled with my eyes closed and waved goodbye.

A few hours later I see that same boy with another guy. They seemed to be causing trouble around town and being reckless angering people nearby. I didn't necessarily do anything because I thought if I had as much freedom as them, I would probably do the same. I walked a couple more steps before a sudden crash appeared behind me. It was those two boys. The dark haired one looked up at me and said "Yo, I'm Yami."
I noticed the guy I met earlier and he looked away as if he didn't like me so I started to tease the both of them. "Ahh I see we have some troublemakers here..?" I stared at him for a few moments before saying "Well I'm off again..unless you want to continue ending up everywhere I go." I smirked and laughed.

"So...how old are you guys exactly?" I asked.

"Don't say anything you idiot" The white boy haired stated

"What's wrong Nacht? Afraid she's too old for ya?" He looked with a smirk on his face. He looked back up at me and his face went neutral. "We're 15."

"Oh I see." I was confused if they thought I looked older cause what they said made no sense to me. "I'm actually...13."

They looked me up and down. Then looked at each other. They laughed. By the time they finished laughing I had already started walking away.

I started walking back home before my decided to send family guards to look for me. Nacht. Interesting name. I coincidentally walked by the house again and bumped into someone. Hard enough they fell on the floor. I apologized immediately. "I'm so sorry!! Are you o...Nacht?" I was confused on why his hair was black now..

"No worries, you're fine and actually, I'm Morgen...Nacht's twin brother." He chuckled lightly but he said it in a nice tone with a smile on his face.

"Nacht has a twin brother??!" I thought. "Interesting" I told Morgen.

"Hey Morgen, this loser bothering you?" I heard a voice from behind.

"No, brother, we were actually just apologizing for bumping into each other."

"Yeah right. Look, I really don't know who you are but stop following me around alright?" Nacht lectured at me.

"I'm the one following you around?? You clearly keep appearing everywhere I go. Everywhere."

"Whatever, just stay away from me and my brother....and this house."

Out of all times for me to be hungry. It happened at this moment. My stomach growled pretty loudly. They both just stared. I looked away out of embarrassment. I began to walk away until Morgen grabbed my hand and looked at his brother.

"Actually, brother, we should let her stay and eat. Mother and Father are away for the night." Morgen casually said with a smile on his face.

"Whatever."

I stayed to eat with them and Nacht came to like me. He actually told me he enjoyed his time with me and would like to hang out again.

Nacht assumed he should escort me out since Morgen decided to clean up for me. "Thank you, Morgen. See you again sometime."

"Ofcourse..What's your name?" Morgen asked.

"Oh right! I never told you, my apologies. My name is y/n."

"A pretty name y/n. Have a great night."

"Yeah. You too Morgen."

Nacht opened the front door and said his goodbye.

"You're not so bad princess. Maybe I shouldn't judge a book by its cover."

"Yeah..like that would change you." I said

"Only a joke. If...you need to be walked home I could walk you.." Nacht offered. Looking away as he spoke to hide his kindness.

"Aha, no it's fine. I'm already in big trouble for leaving and returning late to home. Thanks for the offer though."

"Yeah." Nacht said "By the way, we didn't laugh because you told us you were 13. We laughed because we knew you thought we assumed you looked older to us. Which you don't you definitely look around our age."

I waved goodbye with a smile on my face. He smiled back.

"A smile I'll never forget."

I heard but I wasn't sure if it was just my imagination.

Two years later I was finally able to leave my home again. I went back to Nacht and Morgen's house to see how they were holding up. I noticed them having a conversation. Nacht looked and sounded intimidating...as usual. But who said I couldn't have a toxic boy in my life. Around this time he was 17 and I was 15.

Yami appeared to the opening in which Nacht and Morgen held their conversation.
After Yami and Morgen had left. Nacht was still there smoking his cigarette. I thought now was a good time to creep up on him. Hopefully he remembers me I thought.

I jump up and start trying to walk carefully. "I can sense your mana. So there's no point in trying to scare me or whatever your goal was."

I started laughing uncontrollably. Honestly, I hated my laugh, but other people found it funny and laughed because of it. I didn't mind. But..I was also smiling.

He looked back and widened his eyes.
"Y/n...?"

"Nacht...?" I mocked. "I see you're still in your whole bad boy-"

"Don't finish that sentence. I don't need to hear that from you." I did a little cute chuckle.

"Since we're noticing something different, I see you've hit puberty and developed some-"

"NACHT!"

"I was never going to finish that sentence considering I knew you would interrupt me anyway."

I stared at him. He gave me a "tour" of his house but I didn't think he actually wanted to give me a tour. Next thing I knew I was in his room. He locked his door and slowly started approaching me. He wrapped his arms around my back and whispered in my ear, "Y/n..are you.." and without hesitation I said "Yes. I want to." I felt his warmth on my neck and well it started with a soft kiss. Things had escalated from there.

After we finished, we cuddled in his large, comfortable bed for a while. I then got up to say I needed to get home. He said "I know." I gave him one last hug as my arms wrapped around his neck.

I kissed him one last time and I told him. "I will be back to visit everyday."

"Promise?" he said.

"Promise." I replied.

I left the House of Faust thinking about how nice my name sounded with that last name. Y/n Faust.

A couple of years later I made that same promise. I was 17 and he was 19. Little did I know, that promised I made was going to break. I told him I would be back the next day and I didn't. I had no idea of the events that were to occur after. I just... All because of my broken family. Maybe if he knew, he would have understood.