Earth- BR41/\/\/\/421-13D

The year is 2095 and there are too many people in the world. The government says that they have a top secret way of keeping it under control. I always wonder what it is.  Government soldiers take us wherever we need to go, they take us to school, to our classes, to the stores we shop in, they even watch us sleep. Its got to never be alone. There is no more violence. In the world! What many people would call world peace has been achieved for awhile now, thanks to the government.

    However world peace isn't exactly solving the overpopulation problem, if anything its making it worse. I'm sure the government has a solution for that though. They have a solution for everything! My grandfather always tells me about how there used to be no one following you everywhere you went. That sounds scary, lonely there used to be people against the government. When the soldiers started to follow people around they got scared. Big people in armor with guns, being right behind you wherever you went. It was terrifying to them. People began to protest them, and rise up.

     My grandma was one of them. Whenever I bring her up, my grandpa cries and my dad yells at me. The government said the the protesters were sick and that the soldiers took them away to get better. My grandpa doesn't believe them, but I know that this is true. The soldiers typically ignore us, no matter what we say or do to them. One time my grandpa got worked up and cursed at his soldier, punching him in the face, the soldier simply got up and said the words "strike one"  

    That was the only time I had ever seen my grandpa afraid of something. I fount myself afraid too. It was the first time either of us had ever heard the soldiers talk. My grandpa didn't speak about his time, or even react when I mentioned grandma. Now I felt alone, even with a man following me everywhere I went, Even In this crowded, overpopulated world I felt alone. 

    I quit my job, I lost my house. I couldn't even afford food. I slept underneath a bridge It reminded me of something my grandpa told me he said that there used to be a group of people without homes. They would live in strange places, like alleyways, and garbage dumps They would beg for money, they wore torn rags, and would harass people just trying to live their lives. He called them homeless people. I had never seen one before. And now I was one. One day I I was about to go to sleep, and my soldier started to walk away from me. I followed him for hours, wondering what was going on. 

      I began to see others, following their soldiers. I counted about twenty they  looked just like me, like they were cast away from their homes. They said nothing to me, and I said nothing to them. We walked until the sun rose. We entered a forest. And happened upon a cave.  A foul smell was wafting from it. Our soldiers stoped, and stayed put, not budging an inch.

      So we investigated the cave, walking into it. The smell got stronger and stronger as we got deeper and deeper into the cave. Thats when I saw them... Thousands of bodies at the bottom of the cliff that we stood on. Some were covered in bullet holes, others had nothing. There was a large sign that read Unproductive waste disposal . Everyone turned around to leave this awful place, but we were met with our soldiers. They had followed us in.

      They leveled their guns, pointing them at us. They said two words "Jump, Unproductives" they began to fire at us. Some people jumped. Others stood their ground. My soldier shot at me. Hitting me in the sholder, and then the hip. I stumbled, close to the edge of the cliff. I stared straight at him, looking him in the eyes. I smiled. "I always wonder how overpopulation was controlled. He said nothing as he shot me in my chest. I fell off the cliff plummiting to my oblivion.