Part 1

"Get up!"  Arden roars mockingly, looming over Conall where he's sprawled on the ground. 

"Get up and fight for your precious city!" He waits a moment. "Well? Giving up already?!"

Nothing

"I never knew you were so weak," Arden sneers. "What would your adoring citizens think?"

He waits. Another minute of silence, Arden creeps closer, his knife tilting at the ready in case this is a ruse. Conall still hasn't moved. Now that he's close enough to see, Arden realises that he's as pale as a ghost underneath his mask and barely breathing. There's a dark patch of blood soaking through his suit, from a wound Arden didn't cause.

(Previously)~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Conall stumbled off the roof of the town centre. He walked slowly to where Arden said to meet him after the threat he received.

Pitch black nothing.

"Hello?" He called out tentatively.

Whish he heard something whistle through the air.

The last thing he remembers is falling to the ground as if he was in slow motion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Conall snuggled deeper into the broad chest in front of him.

"Hmm"

"Now what am I going to do with you?" Someone mumbled.

The mysterious voice set him down on a bed and walked into a separate room. Conall snuggled deeper, still not completely conscious. He heard water start running.

"Okay sweetheart I'm gonna have to undress you to get to your wounds."

Conall rolled to his back and purred.

"Okay... I guess I'll take that as a sign of consent" he said, voice growing deeper.

Conall was soon stripped of his clothes, and felt a wet towel being wiped across his stomach. He felt a stinging pain and whimpered.

"I'm sorry sweetheart, just bare through it. If I don't do this your wound may get infected."

Conall purred again, snuggling into the hand that caressed his head.

The mystery man groaned.

"You're killing me sweetheart." He growled.

The mystery man finished dressing his wounds and slowly set him in the bath. He felt light hands caressing and scrubbing the blood off him.

He sighed, relaxing further into the bath.

Strong arms encircled his waist and legs and carried him back to the bed. A towel dried him off and a sweatshirt was gently pulled over him. Boxers almost 3x his size were pulled over his legs.

"Okay sweetheart I'm gonna leave you alone now so you can get some rest." The man said walking away.

"No!" Conall whined.

"Don't leave me!" He whimpered.

The man sighed, pulling Conall off the bed and setting him down on his chest.

Hero snuggled in gratefully and purred.

"Thank you ..... master"

The man froze and stared down at Conall. He relaxed smirking slightly.

"You're very welcome pet" he whispered brushing the hair out of Conall's eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Conall woke up cold, he slowly rose out of bed and touched his wound. He felt no pain.

"Hello?" he called out

"Is there something wrong pet?" Arden the mystery man from last night said, pushing open the door.

Conall jumped, shocked by who he saw. He grabbed the blanket and wrapped it tightly around his body and shoved past the man out of the room.

He fled down a hall searching for the front door, tripping on the sheet he almost face planted on the stairs but a strong arm wound around his waist pulling him back against a strong chest.

"You shouldn't run on the stairs sweetheart"

Conall cowered back in fear, shrinking his head into the oversized sweat shirt. Arden paused looking into Conall's eyes, he hesitated. He glanced down the hall.

"The front door is down the hall, make a right and it's straight ahead. If you take the pathway all the way down it should dump you on Main Street." Arden said, slowly dropping Conall down to his feet

"Make sure you eat and take good care of your wounds. I can't have you dying on me" he mumbled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Conall stumbles across town, quickly making his way into his family home.

His dads piece of junk car that he never drove sat in the driveway.

He shoved open the front door and ran upstairs to his small room, he heard his dad clambering up and the sound of bottles clinking.

"Son!! Is that you?" He slurred.

Conall froze hoping that if he didn't make any noise his father would leave and think he wasn't home yet, but things never went his way. His father clunked up the stairs and pushed open his door.

"Where's my beer?" He grunted

"I'm so sorry! I forgot! I was going to go get it when I stopped by the..." Conall blubbered, cowering away.

"Do you know what happens when you disobey my orders?" He growled, slowly removing his belt.

Conall whimpered removing the sweatshirt  and curled up around his knees, his back bare and faced towards his abuser.

The sound of the belt cracking against his back and his soft whimpers could be heard through the night.