eighteen

Vital steps to move on:

i. Do not talk to him. Yes, delete his number. His friends didn't have a relationship with him, they won't get it. If he approaches you, show him that you're an independent woman with or without him.

ii. Do not think about him. What's the point, anyway? I know you hate to do the dishes or clean the house but distraction is the best way to keep going. Keep it in mind.

iii. Do not write about him. Stop wasting paper writing the same lines over and over again. He hurt you, remember? You don't hurt the people you love.

iv. Do not cry for him. Simple but not as easy as it sounds. Just wipe your eyes and think about cute kitties and puppies.

v. Throw away every thing that reminds you of him. Clothes, things, photos... those are a reminder that he was there, but he's not there anymore. Throw it all and you'll feel better.

vi. What are you doing? Put that phone away. Don't call him! He will tell you excuses and apologies and silly words. You trust him once and look what you've became.

vii. Oh well, fuck it. Cry your eyes out. Fuck mascara, fuck being 'a lady', fuck the whole 'big girls don't cry', fuck her, fuck you, fuck him, fuck everything!

viii. Talk to the bartender about his eyes. They were beautiful but hey, there are better ones. Talk until your tongue is tired and your eyes are shutting. And, duh, have a drink. Or two, or three... Why not four? Just don't end up in a hospital.

ix. Quit with that "I-can't-live-without-him" shit, you've lived your whole life without that asshole and you did a pretty good job.

x. You WILL live without him. Time will teach you how and you will no longer feel empty, sad or angry. Wait, wait, wait.

xi. He wasn't worth it. You will find someone that will grab your heart and look after it, that person will take care of you and you will be their favorite everything.

xii. Nobody dies because of love. Don't forget it.