Part IV

Harry went first, lowering both his feet onto the rink – holding onto the groove in the wall that ran mid-chest height off the ground. His skates scrabbled for hold on the ice, and he shuffled along the wall, trying to get used to the feel of the ice curving under the blades. He could feel Riddle behind him, vindictively noting that he too was struggling for control as the blades slid past each other in fruitless motions.

Harry, eventually, began to get the hang of it and pushed away from the wall somewhat clumsily. He held one of his boots at an angle, using it to push off the ice before switching to the other boot and doing the same. He quickly found the need to be bent slightly forward, and picked up speed – gliding across the ice with a triumphant smile across the face before he crashed into a wall.

Ouch.

Riddle slid over to him, still supporting himself on the wall.

"You've skated before." He accused, sending Harry a dirty look. Harry shrugged, bemused about Riddle's indignation.

"Yeah, so? Only as a child, though – I just have good balance." A thought occurred to Harry.

"Wait – so you haven't been skating before?" At Riddle's sharp nod of confirmation, Harry barked out a laugh. "Why did you suggest it then, of all things?"

Riddle turned his gaze downwards to the ice, and Harry was surprised when it didn't start melting under such intensity.

"I thought it would be easier." Riddle eventually muttered, still not meeting Harry's eyes.

"Seriously?" Harry was dumbfounded – he finally found something that Riddle wasn't perfect at. The press needed to be alerted.

"The anime made it seem easy." Riddle mumbled under his breath.

"Anime?" Harry questioned, not sure he'd heard right.

Riddle turned back up to face him. "Never mind."

"Never mind? Oh, ok, fine. You know what? I'll teach you." Harry began to regret his decision the instance the words left his mouth, as Riddle's eyes brightened and a half-smirk began to form.

"What's that devious look for? Riddle? Riddle?" Harry began to panic as Riddle said nothing, instead approaching him like a predator along the side of the wall. Harry began to scramble away, but found that it was much harder to skate when his demon boss was eyeing him like he was something to eat.

A hand shot out and grabbed him by the elbow, Riddle clamping on and Harry struggled to pry him off.

"What are you doing?" He hissed, no longer by the wall but a few metres out as he fought to get away from Riddle.

"You're teaching me." Riddle finally deigned to reply as Harry pulled him along the ice, both of them sliding uncontrollably and losing balance, only exacerbated by the fact that a Riddle on the ice possessed the grace of a newborn deer.

"I can't when you're holding on like this! We'll both fall - "

No sooner had he said those words, than they had come true as Harry fell onto his side, Riddle crashing down on top of him. Harry groaned, feeling his body bruise and ache, Riddle's added weight not helping. Riddle, who was still lying on top of Harry.

"Ge' off." Harry's muffled voice demanded, his face buried into Riddle's jacket. Riddle chuckled.

"I can't – I'm not good at skating."

Harry's brow furrowed, his glare turning suspicious.

"Doesn' ma'er. Ge' off."

Riddle leaned into Harry, until he was close that Harry could feel his breath against his forehead. His dark brown hair was falling down, almost brushing Harry and his dark grey eyes were grinning with mirth. Harry began to writhe, uselessly pushing against Riddle and trying to shove the taller man off.

"People are staring! Ge' off!"

"No, they're not. Don't lie, Harry."

Harry didn't care – he knew what sight they made to the other people on the ice. His face flushed red. Riddle smirked, thin pink lips tugging upwards.

"Are you sure you want me to get off?"

Harry fumed. "Yes, move you perverted bastard!"

Riddle finally leant back, straddling Harry's legs and Harry was quick to squirm out and stand back upright on the ice, Riddle still down on his knees in front of him.

"How uncouth, Harry. Such vulgar words for someone so young." Riddle mocked, making no apparent effort to move.

"Young? I'm what, three years younger than you?"

"And do I swear?" Riddle rebutted, a dark smile teasing Harry.

"No, because such words have not been programmed into your vocabulary."

Riddle tsked, scolding Harry as if he was some little boy – which he wasn't! He was just a little short, that's all.

"Do you like me like this, Harry?" Riddle questioned, something sly dripping from his words.

Harry was confused, somewhat taken back by the sudden change in direction. "Like what?"

Riddle grinned. "On my knees. In front of you."

Harry didn't miss the insinuation. A hot blush blossomed onto his cheeks, Riddle's half-lidded eyes not helping at all.

"Come on." Harry's voice was unnaturally strained, and he pointedly looked past Riddle as the man accepted Harry's outstretched hand and pulled himself to his feet. Harry coughed, clearing his throat and silently wished away the blush still staining his face.