Chapter 71: Series Finale

"How is she?" Loki asked as he entered the medical bay with flowers. It was really just a lab with medical equipment. Dark had been recovering there for about a night, she slept in a cot next to a heart monitor. Looking placed the flowers down on a chair that was next to her bedside table as he took the old flowers and threw them away. Then he meticulously placed the new flowers in the vase, pulling the chair up next to the bed and sitting in it. He gently took her hand in his.

"She's stable just like she was 30 minutes before when I shooed you out of here," Dr. Banner was standing at the other side of the room in a white doctor's coat. His exasperated expression bore into Loki.

"That's good." He ignored the dirty glare from Banner.

Dr. Banner waited a few more minutes before pressing Loki for more information, "You realize that she's fine in general right? She doesn't have any wounds and she's not brain dead. Dark's only here to make sure she recovers from her exhaustion and doesn't, you know, do the thing."

"I'm just worried, Dr. Banner." His thumb gently grazed over the back of Dark's hand. Bruce only let out a small groan and went back to whatever he had been doing before.

It wasn't until 2:00 PM that day that I woke up. Groggily I sat up and rubbed my head, noticing a weight on my other hand. Loki's hand grasped mine as he slept with his head landing half off the bed and the rest of his sitting hunched in a chair. It looked uncomfortable to say the least, but it was also cute. His eyes scrunched and he yawned, flexing his shoulder blades before looking up dreary eyed. His eyes widened and he sat up fully, smiling broadly.

"You're awake! How did you sleep? Are you feeling okay?"

I chuckled, "Honestly, I haven't slept that well in ages and I feel fantastic! How about you? You were talking quite the nap too."

"Sorry I guess I fell asleep while waiting for you."

"You looked quite adorable," I gave him a quick tap on the nose, "Hey, can you tell me what happened."

"Well, I'm assuming you remember losing control. The Black Cosmo Stone terrorized the city and we teamed up with the D-Team and the Space Pirates to stop you-"

"Those assholes are here?" A flash of anger and fear took over my face.

Loki stroked my face with his free hand, "It's okay, we've been keeping them from you." I gave him a nod and he continued, "We used them as bait actually to lure the stone into a warehouse where we trapped it. I used a spell to have my consciousness travel into your head and help you, then you defeated the Black Cosmo Stone and I was booted out of your head as you collapsed from exhaustion."

"So, that really was you?" I gave him a wide eyed look, "LOKI YOU COULD'VE DIED!"

"I was careful. Besides, I couldn't let you stay under that thing's control a second longer."

There was tightening in my heart at his words and I brought my forehead to rest on his. We stayed like that for a few minutes, though it felt like a comfortable eternity.

"Thank you Loki," I whispered as our hands intertwined.

"Dark," his voice was husky, "What are we?"

"We're..." I lifted my forehead from his, "What do you want to be?"

"More than what we are, lovers perhaps?"

I could barely contain my smile as I looked him in the eyes, "I want us to be like that too." Loki pulled his chair closer and looked into my eyes.

"Let's be that then." He reached up and paused, "Can I give you a kiss?"

"Of course." He gave me a soft little peck on the cheek and we stayed there talking for a while before Banner came back into the room with company.

"Finally! They got together, it took long enough!" Groaned Stark.

"I'm so proud of you brother! You've chosen a very good partner!" Thor had the biggest puppy dog eyes.

"How did you all-"

"Know? It's a pretty plan to see you two were head over heels for each other." Natasha explained.

"Yeah, I mean we barely saw you two interact and we noticed it, " Zoe stated plainly.

"Enough of that though, what are you planning on doing Dark? Do you wanna stay here or come with us? We've modified the ship and your dinotector to be able to contact and find you." Majung came to sit on the bed with me as Dr. Ancient asked me this crucial question.

I looked at Loki, "I think I want to stay here for a while."