VII. Torn Apart

Chapter Seven
Jena

Jedi mind tricks aren't something Dad spent a lot of time on during our training, but I've always had a knack for it. Convincing the stormtrooper guarding me to let me go was easy, as was convincing him to give me my lightsaber back.

But with my freedom comes new problems. For instance; how the hell do I get out of here?

I've been running around the base, keeping to the shadows the best I can, trying to find a hanger where I can steal a ship and get out of here, but I've had no luck. There's too many people, too many chances to get caught, too—

"Jena!"

I whip around to find Finn running towards me, followed closely by Uncle Jay, Wylan, and Myra. When he reaches me, Finn collects me into a hug, burying his face in my shoulder, murmuring how worried he was about me. I hold onto him as fiercely as he does me, a warmth spreading through my body at every point our bodies connect.

"How'd you escape?" Myra asks when Finn and I break apart, their lips quirking up in a smirk; one which I ignore.

"Jedi mind trick," I answer, looking between my uncle and friends. "What are you guys doing here?"

"We're here to destroy the base and rescue you." Wylan replies with barely reduced excitement. I know how anxious they've been to join the fighting, and now they get to be right in the middle of it.

"And to find Ben," Uncle Jay adds, making all our heads swivel towards him. "Finn will lead the three of you to the shield generator; place the bombs, detonate them, then head to the forest on the east side of the base, that's where you'll find our ship. Hopefully Ben and I will meet you there."

Uncle Jay hands me a bag filled with said explosives, but I shake my head, shoving the bag into Wylan's arms. "I'll go with you, you'll need help." I tell him.

"No, you need to go with the others."

"Uncle Jay, it's too dangerous. The others can manage—"

"No," He says firmly, bringing his hands down to my shoulders, gripping onto them tightly. "Your destiny is different from mine. You need to help destroy this base, that's what's important."

I know better than to argue with him, so instead I reach forward and wrap my arms around his waist, hugging onto him tightly. "May the force be with you, Uncle Jay."

He kisses the top of my head, then my cheek as he pulls back from me. "May the force be with you, my darling."

And with that, Uncle Jay heads back down the hallway he and the others came from, leaving the four of us alone with our worrying thoughts.

"Which way to the shield generator?" I ask Finn.

He points to his right. "Down there is an elevator that will lead us to the generator; it's on level X-268."

"Alright," I say, igniting my lightsaber. "Lead the way."

-

Jayce

Despite there being a station filled with people, I am able to sense Ben without difficulty. I can sense his rage, his pain, his feelings of betrayal, but I can also sense his conflict, and that is what gives me hope that it isn't too late to save him. It's what guides me closer and closer towards him.