us - something in between

Hello everyone! I'd like to thank you all for reading up to the final chapter of BLGE. The ending was something I spent much time debating about as I was torn between two different ideas I loved very much. So, to solve that problem I created two endings. This chapter being one and the next chapter being the other. I encourage you to choose one to see what path you get and then read the remaining one!

November 22nd, 2020

Today is a special day for Jisoo.

"Special" not necessarily meaning good. The man gnaws anxiously on his inner cheek as he unfastens his tie, chucking it behind him. His initial plan was to wear a simple suit and tie and get the stressful ordeal of picking an outfit over with but now Jisoo's starting to question his choices.

It looks like I'm going to work... He cringes at his reflection, knowing it's back to the drawing board for him, "thanks Google," the man mutters drly, exiting out of '5 perfect outfits for any blind date'.

Yeah, that's right. Hong Jisoo's going on a blind date.

How did it turn out like this?

Well the entire situation started a week after HIT... By then, he had returned from his break to his workaholic habits once again (cue Mingyu and Wonwoo's disappointed sighs) and he'd also contacted Jihoon, wanting to meet with the man and create something mainly to distract himself from the pains of work.

Receiving a response immediately, Jisoo found himself busing to The Universe Factory a few days later. It was a fairly tall building, all four sides lined with dark blue glass with the blue building logo— a simple face making fish lips— plastered at the front.

Jihoon was waiting at the front when he arrived and the two hit off immediately. The producer showed him around the building; the practice rooms, recording rooms and studios too before finally leading him to his own little factory at the top.

Improvising together on the guitar, jamming along to backing tracks and watching Jihoon click away on his keyboard, pulling up work-in-progress beats and melodies to see what sounded the best. Jisoo loved it all and regretted nothing after nearly spending his entire day there.

The man continued showing up to the studio whenever he had the time, sometimes to work with Jihoon other times to visit Seungkwan and Seokmin; catching them in the middle of recording if he was lucky.

On some of his visits, he even stopped by to visit the dance studio next door owned by none other than Minghao and his boyfriend Junhui (the dancers were quite entertained by watching Jisoo attempt some basic dance moves).

All's fine and dandy until a few days after his first visit.

This time Jisoo's hanging out with Seungkwan and Seokmin in one of the practice rooms, listening quietly as the two belt out stable high notes and harmonize like it's nothing. The man's so in awe at how good they sound, he doesn't even realize he's singing quietly along too.

"Jisoo?" The two abruptly stop their singing. The man straightens up. Did he just sing out loud? "Was that you just harmonizing with us?" Seokmin asks, staring at him with wide eyes.

"Um... yeah," he laughs awkwardly, "sorry, I'll shut up now."

"Don't you-

"-dare!"

Seungkwan and Seokmin jump to their feet, "that was amazing, why are you just sitting there! Come join us Jisoo!" The man weakly protests, insisting that he's perfectly content with sitting and listening but the singers don't take any of his excuses.