♡☆°•°☆♡

the upcoming week was full of trying to convince my parents to let me go to miyagi with the team and asking all of my teachers for school work in advance. The club president already approved of my absence for the trip, so I was all good to go, all that's left was to finish packing and hopping on the bus and the long drive ahead. I decided to spend the night at kenma's house as well.

Waking up in the middle of the night was not part of my plan, but yet here i lie awake with turning thoughts that weigh my mind heavily.

"I really hope miyagi is different this time." i whispered into the silence of the night.

"i'm sure it will be, plus i'll be there to protect you my love" kenma, who i thought was asleep, whispered back.

"i really hope so" i said as i turned and nuzzled into his shoulder and drifted to sleep.

time skip(brought to you by my year absence, lawd 2021 was rough on ya gurl!)

the next morning was an exhausting process, beginning with kuroo busting into kenma's room and shouting like a rooster, in hopes of functioning like an alarm clock for us. it was probably a good thing that he did because we ended up sleeping through both of our multiple alarms we had set up the night before. but still it was a very unpleasant awakening due to kenma falling off the bed and somehow bringing the bedsheets along with myself with him.

"Oh my fucking god Kuroo, what the fuck is wrong with you, i could've fucking hurt myself, what in your stupid rooster brain made you think that was a good idea, asshole, OH y/n are you ok!!???!" kenma shouted in a slur of words as soon as he saw kuroo's face peeking from over us. I had landed safely on his chest, which probably knocked the air from his lungs, but provided me with a soft landing cushion. I was almost about to fall right back asleep, and i would've if kuroo hadn't started his annoying hyena laugh and marching around the room, like a beheaded chicken. At that point kenma was fed up. he softly pushed me off his chest and into the fallen sheets, then proceeded to attempt chase kuroo out of his room. when he finally got him to the door it became a competition of pushing and holding off. kuroo grasping on the door frame to stay in the room, and kenma doing everything possible to pushing him out, even resorting to scratching like a cat. Watching the whole power struggle from my comfortable position on the floor sure was interesting, but the warm sheets that smelled just like kenma were luring me to sleep once again.

"the goddamn audacity he has to wake us up at 5 o clock in the morning, we still have thirty minutes til we actually need to leave" kenma whispered as he laid down next to me on the floor, and cuddled me.

"wait did you say 5 o clock?"i whispered back groggily.

"yeah, why??"

" babe, we need to be there at 5:30 or the bus leaves us!" i said as i rushed to get up. a hand on my waist stopped me from fully rising from the ground though.

"exactly, thirty minutes til we need to go, now come back" he said as he pulled me back into his chest.

"nope nope nope, i have still have some stuff i need to do we can't be late. get up!" i said as i tried to fight his grip unsuccessfully.

"fine fifteen minutes then we get up, that's it!" i said as i settled back down into his arms. he hummed back and snuggled into my back.

fifteen minutes later, i quickly got up and started gathering all the things that i needed while kenma groaned from the loss of heat that was radiating from my body. at 5:25 we were finally ready to leave and rushed to the school well more so speed walked at an adequate pace.

when we reached the school it was already 5:36, which wasn't really that late, so i was really worried for nothing. everyone was lacking energy, which was definitely a good thing for a bus ride with the team.

Boarding the bus then pulling away from the school, was more peaceful than expected. The next few hours were full of teammates waking up and going back to sleep in rotation, i was awake for all of it, but kenma was a sleep for all of it. with his cheek pressed against my shoulder and his head resting against me, he looked so cute!! i wish i could take a picture, but alas my phone was out of reach if i wanted to let kenma sleep.

————————
long time no see babes
sorry for disappearing like that
i literally promise to finish this story
also my writing styles changed a bunch so hopefully y'all like it more!!
also follow my twitter @/rainfck ‼️‼️