Chapter 8: Tonight You're Perfect

Andy pulls up in his black car. I hop in and say hello.
"Can I know noooooowwww?" I pout.

"Nopeeeeeeee." he says, mocking me.

"Ugh fine." I say

"Meanie." I mumble.

He laughs and drives off toward the venue. We pull into the parking lot and get out. I can't see what the sign on the building says yet. Andy covers my eyes.
"Hey!" I protest.

"It's still a surprise." he says.

"Oh my god I just wanna know." I say.

He chuckles. "You will in a minute, be patient."

I pout again and I hear him laugh. He leads me to the building and finally uncovers my eyes. I look at the sign. Alkaline Trio.
"No. Fucking. Way." I say.

"Well you said you had never seen them before so I figured you would like this." he states.

"Like this? I fucking love this!" I scream.

I practically tackle him in a hug and kiss his cheek.

I grab his hand and we walk inside. He hands someone our tickets and we head in. We were about 10 feet from the barricade and I was on the verge of tears. This was my favorite band. Holy shit.

"I do not know how to thank you for this." I say.

"It's my pleasure." he says.

I grin and kiss his cheek again. He grins back.

The openers were really good. I'd have to look them up when I got home. Finally, after about and hour, it was time. I screamed with everyone else. The energy at a concert is something I will never get sick of. From the moment you hear that first note to the second the last song ends. It's fucking amazing.

They opened with Calling All Skeletons
and Andy and I both sang along. By the last song I felt like I could stand here and sing with them for years. I never wanted it to end. They played all of my favorite songs and I sang until my throat burned. Then, it was time for the encore. I was bummed out to have to leave but it was a show I'd remember forever. I grabbed Andy's hand and we strolled out of the venue. We got in his car, hands still together. He drove me home while we talked about the show. All I knew is that I could never thank him enough for the fucking amazing second date.

"So, does this mean you'll come to one of my band's shows soon?" Andy asks.

"Of course! I would love to!" I say.

"That's good to hear." he says, giving me a warm smile.

He pulled up to our house and got out to open my door for me. I thank him, blushing in the process. We walk hand in hand to the front door.

"Thank you again. Tonight was perfect." I say.

"Don't mention it. I'm just glad you had a good time." He says.

"Fuck yeah I did!" I exclaim.

He laughs and so do I.

"I did too. The show was absolutely incredible and I really like spending time with you." He says sincerely.

I blush and look into his eyes. Those intensely blue orbs , the bluest I have ever seen. Bluer than the ocean and sky combined. And his lips. They looked soft and warm. I wanted to kiss him. But of course, I'm a fucking wuss who would never make the first move.

Andy is looking down at me. I wonder what he though about me. He puts his arms around me and pulls me close. I step closer to him, until our chests are touching. He gently places one of his his soft hands on my cheek and leans down. In mere seconds our lips touch for the first time. His lips were soft and warm. His touch was gentle and loving. As soon as we pulled away I immediate wanted more.

"Wow." I breathe out.

"Indeed." Andy chuckles.

"Um... well thanks again for tonight. And for that." I blush, looking down at my feet.

"You're always welcome." he says, smiling at me.

I grin up at him, still with my arms around him. Just then the door flies open, and Alyssa steps out.

"Hey kids! How are you?" She asks, knowing exactly what just happened.

"Uh... hi Alyssa." I say.

I introduce Andy to her and they awkwardly wave at each other.

"So you're the one she's always giggling about." she says grinning.

"So you giggle about me?" Andy asks, poking my cheek with a grin.

I cover my face with my hands and groan. Andy chuckles at us. By now, we had pulled away from each other. We chatted for a minute, Alyssa managing to not further embarrass me. She then went back inside, leaving Andy and I alone once again.

"Well, I should go." Andy says, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Thanks again." I say.

"You're very welcome, Essa." he says, grinning.

I give him a wide smile back before waving and going inside. Alyssa is there laughing at me.

"You should have seen your face!" She cackles.

"Fuck you." I say, laughing with her.

"You love me." she says

"Ugh I dooooo." I say.

"I'm going to bed I'm fucking tired." I say.

"Alright." she says suddenly looking concerned.

"It's fine. I'll let you know if anything happens. " I reassure her.

"Ok... and if you wanna talk, I don't care what time it is... I'm here ok?" She says.

"Yeah, thanks." I say.

I walk to my room and plop down onto my bed. I change into more comfortable clothes and wrap myself in my blanket. I quickly drift off, trying not to think about what was coming. Instead I though about Andy. Holy shit. We kissed. It was perfect. The whole night was fucking perfect. I really like him and I couldn't wait to see him again. He made me feel like a bird in the air. All adrenaline and freedom.

I drifted rather quickly tonight, considering how late I was up. I had tomorrow off to so I needn't worry about it. I'd do something else tomorrow, besides think about things. I'd make a phone call. One I'd been avoiding for months. But whatever may come, I held on to the fact that tonight was perfect.