so unaffected .12

ricky walked into the house with a smile on his face as he hung his coat on the rack and placed his shoes at the door. the boy happily walked over to his kitchen and instantly opened up the fridge, seeking any leftover food he could possibly munch on. ricky felt a pair of hands hug him from behind. he turned around to see lily wrapping her arms around him and pulling him close to her body, "oh hey, babe, i didn't know you were coming over?"

"i decided to call it off today so that i could be home with you," lily cooed as her hands made their way around his neck. ricky forced a smile and wrapped his arms around lily's waist.

"that was sweet of you..." was all ricky could utter out.

i love my girlfriend, really. but at this point, it felt like we were practically living together. lily was always at my house — coming over unannounced, staying nights in a row, and even coming over when i wasn't even home yet. sometimes i just wanted to be left alone.

"mhmmm," lily cooed before she smashed her lips against ricky's. the girl kissed him so hard that the back of his body hit the fridge. ricky got taken aback before eventually giving in and kissing lily back. after a few seconds, lily pulled away and scrunched her eyebrows at ricky. "is everything okay?"

ricky chuckled and stepped out of lily's grip before walking away, "yeah, why?"

"you weren't kissing me back."

"yes, i was?"

"not how you usually kiss me."

ricky awkwardly chuckled and shrugged his shoulders, "everything felt the same to me ... maybe it's you."

"it's defiently not me, ricky," lily spat as she crossed her arms over her chest. the boy rolled his eyes and walked past lily. he started to look through the cabinets for snacks as the girl continued talking, "is this about your meeting with nini?"

ricky looked up at lily with frustration, "what?? no??"

"i shouldn't have let you have that meeting with her. i knew you were gonna start acting weird and distant after seeing that girl."

"lily, you're literally being dramatic. it was a work meeting. all we did was talk about possibly collaborating," ricky lied as he tried to act as nonchalant as he could, "i'm literally just drained from working today so i'm sorry if i'm acting 'weird' but in all honesty, i wasn't expecting you to be here either. i was just gonna eat something then go to bed right away."

"oh, so now you don't want me here?"

"literally, who said that? not me??"

"i just wanted to be home for you so you could be reminded of who you're actually dating," lily stated in a stern voice, "you're with me, you know that? you're not with nini anymore."

"that's the only reason you came over?? to keep me in check?" ricky scoffed as she shook his head, "i'm not a dumbass, lily. i know you're my girlfriend."

"well i just had to make sure you knew, considering what you did to nini—"

"don't," ricky cut lily off in a strict voice, "don't bring that up. you know i hate talking about that. i've changed a lot since then and i know what i did to nini was wrong. i never would done that now. you know that."

"do i?"

ricky sighed and leaned against the counter, "what do you want me to say lily? i'm really trying here."

"i want you to love me, not her."

"i do though?? what more do you want from me—"

"i don't want you to collaborate with her."

ricky shut the cabinet and chuckled at the girls remark, "i'm sorry, honey, but that's not gonna happen."

"i'm not going to allow it."

"i don't know where this is coming from but you're not my manager. you're the caswells manager," ricky reminded lily with disbelief, "i don't have to abide by your rules."

"yes, you do," lily challenged back, i'm your girlfriend and if you really loved me then i'd be your number one priority."

ricky shook his head and glared at lily, "do you have any idea how many people want this collab? it would break so many records and would open up so much more opportunities for me."

"than that's too bad," was all lily could say as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"okay well, i'm your boyfriend and if you really loved me than i'd be your number one priority too," ricky challenged, "you're gonna take away all my success because you're jealous of nini?"

lily just shrugged her shoulders and gave ricky a straight face. ricky sighed and just shook his head, "alright well, i can't do this right now, lily," ricky muttered while he looked away from the girl.

"i don't care, ricky," lily spat as she stepped in front of ricky's way, "we're talking about this, whether you like or not. you're not collaborating with nini. final answer."

"you're not my manager, lily. i manage myself."

"i'm still your girlfriend and i think that let's me have a say on things like this."

"no it doesn't," ricky scoffed, "you're being way out of pocket right now and i told you that i didn't wanna deal with this right now. so honestly, if you could just leave that would be great."

"no."

"lily, i want to be alone," ricky told lily again.

"i don't care."

"lily, please, just get out."

"no, ricky. not until you agree with me that you're not going to do this song to nini."

"you don't own me, lily. like do you hear yourself now?"

"loud.and.clear," lily spat in a stern voice. ricky took in a deep breath and shook his head.

"alight... lily, i can't do this anymore then," ricky warned the girl. all she did was raise an eyebrow at the boy and gave him a stern look.

"okay and?"

"i'm breaking up with you."

lily got taken aback and scoffed, "no. no you're not, ricky."

"yes i am, lily. you can't talk and act like this to me," ricky bluntly told lily, "again, i'm going to ask you to leave my house."

"ricky, no."

"honestly, if you don't leave in the next five minutes, "i'm gonna dial the police. i'm not playing around here."

lily rolled her eyes and scoffed as she walked towards the front door. ricky let out a sigh of relief as she grabbed her belongings, "i'm sorry, lily. but this was just ridiculous."

"screw you, bowen. go to hell," was all lily said before stepping out of the house. ricky let out a sigh of relief and took in all the silence of the house. all of a sudden, ricky's phone started to ring. the boy rolled his eyes from annoyance but made his way towards his phone. he got taken aback as he saw the caller id. ricky put the phone up to his ear and cleared his throat.

"uh nini?"

"ricky! hey..."