Lord Slytherin

Harry felt a very ominous contraction in his stomach.

Dark eyes gleamed deliberately down on Harry, staring deep into his soul. However, he kept staring back, not blinking, anything to make him believe the lie. He was very aware that the man was much taller than he was, and knew that the man could break him in half like a twig without any problem.

Harry was well aware that there was no one in the vast field- just a few vipers that lived there from small rodents- but Gaunt had just proved to him that he could talk to snakes, too. Harry glanced at his cousin, who was still standing uncomfortably by the gate. However, as soon as Dudley saw Harry looking at him, he turned and walked away.

'Coward,' Harry thought at the slowly disappearing figure of his cousin, before confronting Gaunt again. Still, with no one in sight, the lack of parental controls (or that of a professor) or a peer stirred something up in Harry.

A desire to rebel.

He lifted his head proudly and caught the fiery gaze of Gaunt, who looked at him with an amused look. Before he could say anything, the man stepped forward and grabbed Harry's chin. He turned and tilted Harry's head to get a closer look, inspecting as if Harry were a newly acquired commodity.

"Hmm.." the man hummed thoughtfully. "Bright eyes, strong jawline... good teeth," he muttered, spreading the lips of Harry's mouth with his fingers.

Harry couldn't resist making a biting movement. However, the man did not withdraw his fingers and taunted him by running his fingers over his incisors.

"Ah, and a feisty spirit," Gaunt said with a defiant smile. He let his lips suddenly roam Harry's cheek, then press an innocent kiss on it. "Hmm, and an immense innate power that bears a strange resemblance to my own magical signature- and you're a Parselmouth."

The man held Harry at a distance with outstretched arms and looked at him again critically. "While I don't remember impregnating anyone, it's obvious you're my son."

Gaunt cupped Harry's chin again tenderly and found himself pleased at the sight of the rich, deep Slytherin green of Harry's eyes. "You're mine," he said softly.

Harry cringed, not understanding how the situation could have gotten so out of hand. He pulled his face from the handsome man's warm hands and took a step back. "I'm not a thing you can own," he snapped at him.

Gaunt laughed, showing a row of perfectly white teeth. This boy got better by the minute! He was not a huddled, sniffing good-for-nothing like many of his acquaintances were; no, this kid had a backbone of steel.

"You have said that you are the Heir of Slytherin, as far as I know, I am the current Lord Slytherin, although I prefer to go by the name Gaunt- the name is an almost extinct Pureblood name, yet this name stands out less than that of Slytherin," said Gaunt in his velvety voice.

He then took another step toward Harry and loomed over him menacingly. "You are the Heir of Slytherin, aren't you?" he asked dangerously, his eyes cold.

He shifted a little closer, the muscles in his arms rippling as they brushed against Harry's shoulders. Harry could catch a whiff of his scent, fresh, lemony and so clean, just the way he behaved; meticulous and confident.

"Harry Potter," Gaunt breathed low, dangerously in his ear, his posh accent more pronounced than before.

"Such lies ... such lies coming from such a beautiful mouth," Gaunt spats, his mouth barely a distance from his ear. Harry swallowed an imaginary chunk through his throat, biting his lower lip.

The older man then stepped back to face Harry directly, his eyes shooting fire. "I despise liars, Harry. Are you a liar? Tell me ."

Harry looked steadfastly at the man. "I'm not a liar, at least not to you. I never claimed to be the Heir of Slytherin- you assumed it yourself," Harry said, his tone biting.