9- PARTY VIBES

'Are you really going for this party?' I ask myself for the fiftieth time, this evening since I was pushed into this room by my friends.

I was having a hard time deciding what to wear among three gowns that lay on my bed.

The first gown was a strapless leather gown that was red in colour, with a slit at the back, it was quite short. The second dress was an elastic black gown that was one handed with no slit. The hand was flay and it stopped in my mid tigh. The last dress was a grape coloured dress that was off the shoulder. It had a sweetheart neckline that was designed with stones, meaning that little of my cleavage and shoulder will be exposed. It was just above my knees are had a slit that stopped right at my ass, the hand of the dress was made of lace.

After much thought, I decided to go with the third option, the sexy grape dress.

I stepped into the dress and oh, it fit perfectly. My whole curves were on full display, I was a goddess. This dress equally complimented my light skin and not just my body shape.

I stepped into my black siletto sandals, and I picked my silver evening clutch purse.

I decided to settle for heavy make-up. Tonight was for me and I was going to chill and flex, no one could stop me; not even my dad.

I applied foundation,  eyeliner, mascara and a deep red lipstick. I didn't bother to arch my brows because it was naturally arched. I didn't forget my smokey eye, I loved it. It made me look dangerous and ferocious.

I chose my long black curly wig, this one was my favorite. All the combinations went well.

I was about leaving the room but took some steps back when something called my attention. The girl in the mirror. She was breathtaking. She didn't need beauty hacks, waxing or even spa. Only makeup could do the transformation.

"You're beautiful Lilly, " I mouthed to myself, still standing before the mirror.

But something was wrong. The hair, the dress ,shoe, and even the makeup was not Lilly. Who could this be?...

This was me, who I wanted to be, who I was going to be tonight.

After taking one final look at the mirror, satisfied with myself I walked to my door.

On opening it Tessa who was about to knock dropped her hand and took in my appearance. She was dazed immediately. Her eyes were about to leave thier sockets.

"Lilly what the hell?"

Jeez! Do I look bad.

"You look stunning," she complimented still in shock, "nice choice of clothes," she added.

"Thanks," I appreciated,at least I look good. " You look amazing too."

I wasn't trying to return the favour, I meant it. Her strapless nylon silver dress which stopped on her tigh fit her perfectly.

Nancy who was wearing a  wine spaghetti dress with a decollete neck and low back was still staring at me.

She wasn't just shocked but in awe. Am I an alien? She finally came to her senses.

"Lilly you look..." She started, bu5 I cut her off

"Thanks, you look good too."

She just shakes her head in the negative, what is it again?

"You look different, really sophisticated, " She finally finds her words.

"Yh," Tessa agrees, " your makeup is too much, but you're still fine sha."

"Whatever," I spat," let's get the hell outta here. "

And soon we all start making our way out.

"So Lilly, what are your plans for tonight?" Nancy asks.

"Normal partying, " I simply answer.

"You don't even know how to lie, " Tessa counters, eyeing me cockily.

"Exactly, seeing that you've outdone yourself tonight. This make up, dress and perfume should not be a waste, " Nancy states and stands at the door.

"Are you encouraging her???" Tessa questions.

"Nah, she doesn't have to. Tonight is my night. I'm going to do all the shit I've never done before. Like alcohol."

"Make sure you add smoking hemp to the list," Tessa joked and we all laughed.

"No but seriously Lilly, slow down. This is Lagos party oo. And this alcohol is not really a good idea," she adds.

"But it's just the alcohol oo," I was trying to defend myself.

"I've a bad feeling about this, " Nancy states.

Hmm, prophetess...

"Lets just go. There's always a first time for everything," Tessa says and with that, Nancy turns and opens the door.

We all walked out of the door our arm's linked together.