THREE ⇢ GIRLFRIEND IN ATLANTA

4.

⠀⠀⠀⠀MAYBE IT'S NOT right to ask Louis that question. How could she accuse him of cheating?

'Cheating,' she thought and sarcastically laughed. 'We're not even together. Besides, I doubt he has someone else in his life-'

"She's doing well," Louis simply stated.

'What?!' She quickly looked at him as he left the office entirely. Y/N shifted, uneasy in her seat. What did he mean by that?

First, he was excited to see her and now, all she could process is the fact that he has a girlfriend in Atlanta!

'This had to be a joke.'

***

⠀⠀⠀⠀THE RAIN POURED across Wandsworth and as much as Cabrera hated running through the rain like this, she never waited for it to stop in order to catch up on the frowning young man.

"What do you mean she's doing well?!" She yelled after him.

He didn't respond.

"You have a girlfriend?!"

No, he didn't turn back.

"I can't keep chasing you! After all these years, I thought you were waiting for me to be ready for you but you're here now just to tell me you have a girlfriend who's doing well back in Atlanta?!" She shouted.

Her red heels that Louis had gifted a long time ago clicked on the stone pavement, each sound ringing in his head. Suddenly, Cabrera's ankle gave in causing her to slip and fall to the ground with a groan.

Partridge stopped and turned to her, his hair a wet mess. He walked towards the struggling girl who looked like she was about to cry.

"Don't," she said and helped herself up, limping. Cabrera blinked in anger and disbelief, feeling his betrayal inside her chest welling up with disdain.

"You have some nerve coming in that building with a smile on your face as if you never left me for four years and came back kissing me like you don't care about some girl's feelings back in your little vacation venue," she continued.

"I wanted to tell you earlier."

"But you didn't."

"I was afraid!"

"You never were when you started fancying another girl!"

"I don't fancy her!"

"Then what is she really, Louis?!" She quickly questioned, vain in her voice.

"She's - we're dating in public, but we're not really together," he explained. "Cabrera, this is a PR stunt! I couldn't tell you because I felt ashamed. I thought it was going to be okay since the contract says it's going to be over soon, but I'd do anything! I can tell her over the phone that I'm done with this, I'd give it up if that's what you want!"

"I went back to London early! I wanted to see you so bad, I couldn't take it anymore!"

A raindrop got in her eyes causing her to blink numerous times, sniffle and wipe her eyes aggressively. She contemplated whether to believe him or walk away but Louis' eyes never lied. They were pure and true.

"All I ever wanted was to return to the Cabrera I once knew," he mumbled.

Strangers passed by and gave them both a look while the others watched the whole scene unfold on their flat windows. It was something out of a dramatic book they've read over and over.