Chapter 12: Valors of warriors pt 2

A/N: Another one

Where the group from Rhodes Island and Azazel were, the tension was at its highest. It had been ten minutes since the sky in the distance had calmed down, but still the anxiety remained like smoke lurking on the ground from not understanding what had just happened. Some thought it was a lightning fast cathastrophe but others simply did not know. Blood-curdling screams, earthquake-like tremors, red lightning, and rays of molten liquid slicing through everything in their path. Something was definitely wrong. But soon the robotic voice of PRTS came through the earpieces of the Rhodes Island members breaking the dead silence that had fallen.

PRTS: The doctor's sanity is raising. Communications will be restored.

As soon as the AI's voice spoke, a certain feline began to speak as well.

Kal'tsit: This is Kal'tsit, does anyone read me?

Nearl: Dr. Kal'tsit I think we have a problem.

Kal'tsit: I got the PRTS alert, tell me what happened and where is the doctor?

Nearl: I don't know ma'am, but the doctor went to distract us so we could evacuate the academy, but it's like a cathastrophe hit where he was.

The kuranta's voice remained panicked because of all that had happened, trying to explain the whole situation.

Kal'tsit: And the doctor?

Sebastian: I'm fine. Bastion of the resunion destroyed. I'm almost to Nearl's team position already.

The doctor's voice came over the radio, cold and calm.

Kal'tsit: Sebastian, what happened?

Sebastian: Nothing. End of transmission.

You could hear him turn off his radio and the tone of his voice indicated that he really didn't want to talk about it.

Kal'tsit: Well... Good luck.

The feline also cut her transmission leaving Nearl alone with the rest of the Rhodes Island troops. She could see in the distance that W was talking with Shining and that the former seemed worried. Hellagur, who had long since gotten back on his feet, walked in circles and looked questioning, then approached the kuranta, tired of waiting forever.

Hellagur: What are we still doing here? Shouldn't we be leaving?

Nearl: We are waiting for our commander. He should be here any minute.

W: Calm your impatience gramps, they are not going to abandon him.

The liberi turned his head to the sarkaz mercenary and his eyes widened before filling with rage as he recognized the former reunion. He drew his sword and approached her.

Hellagur: You... You thought I wouldn't recognize you...?

His steps were quick and the mercenary tried to move out of the way, but was stopped by Hellagur's sword, which was about to cut her neck. The other operators hesitated to intervene, but due to the fact that she was an ex-leader of reunion and her abysmal behavior, the Rhodes Island operators stood still. Not feeling the need to help the sarkaz because they did not see her as a comrade or as something worth saving. But still in an extreme situation her mercenary attitude came to calm her down as her face gave up everything that made her look so snide all the time.

W: Old man, put your weapon down.

Hellagur: You are evacuating the refugees...? When you're part of the ones responsible for all this around us?

W: I am a mercenary. Money changes sides, so so do I.

She tried to lie as her eyes remained fixed on the blade, the money argument seemed more plausible than saying she was scared to death of an amnesiac doctor.