51

By now Billy, Marcus, Scorpio Slasher, and I were sitting at a booth in the burrito place. I sat next to Marcus on one side, while Billy sat in front of me and next to the Slasher on the other.

Scorpio Slasher was happy with his burrito, letting out satisfied sighs every time he bit into it again. Billy on the other hand tried to keep his distance although they were in a small booth, scared of what the Slasher might do if he got his hands on him. Marcus and I ate from a bowl of nachos we were sharing, not being hungry enough to eat individual meals. Though a big reason why I wasn't hungry was because anxiety was taking up too much space in my stomach as I thought more and more about Chester. I guessed Marcus noticed because halfway through he held onto my hand, intertwining our fingers and rubbing his thumb over my knuckles.

We were all quiet, waiting for Scorpio Slasher to finish his burrito so we could get going.

"This carnitas is heavenly." He commented.

"Surprised you didn't order a human-flesh burrito." Billy gathered up all his courage trying to not be scared of the psychotic teacher next to him.

Slasher was used to those comments. Instead of really getting mad and threatening him, he threw a used napkin at the boy making him flinch.

"So... how did a little boy come to want to kill Reagan?" Slasher asked Marcus who was sat in front of him taking a sip of his coke.

Marcus slowly put the cup down in confusion.

How did Scorpio Slasher know about how he wanted to kill Reagan?

"Eh, teacher's lounge is a real gossip pit. Zane talks more than a teenager chained to a water heater." Slasher clarified.

"They let you in there?" I scoffed.

Slasher took that opportunity to flick me off and I rolled my eyes in response. Then he looked back at Marcus waiting for an answer.

"I'm not telling you shit about me. You got the burrito. Quit stalling." Marcus demanded.

Slasher took a deep breath and put his burrito down, ready to explain whatever it is we needed to know.

"Mr. Face is the product of pain. He did not decide to become what he is, it was imposed upon him." Slasher explained sternly.

"Bullshit, he made his choice." Marcus disagreed.

"You chose to live in a boys' home?" Slasher asked rhetorically.

Marcus looked at him with his annoyed expression not changing, yet didn't reply with a word.

"Neglected boys; so many ways for disorders to bloom. One of the most fun: obsessive love. Starved of emotional security, they idealize someone or something to supply that love. Now, in this case, a thing that won't talk or have complicated emotions and yet gives so much." Slasher explained, his anger trying to get the best of him.

Marcus rolled his eyes as Billy tried not to laugh about the bestiality we spoke about. I noticed and kicked him under the table. His smug smile was replaced with a groan of pain before I went back to paying attention to the conversation at hand again.

"Chester needs love, but he's only capable of having a relationship with a-" Marcus tried not to make this sound weird.

"Woof." Slasher said blankly.

"Okay, we get it. Where do we go?" I asked.

"Well, that's up to you. Why Reagan?" He asked Marcus again, indicating that if he got an answer so would we.

If looks could kill, Slasher would be dead by Marcus's eyes right now.

"My parents were killed." Marcus said vaguely.

"Well, not by me, I hope. That would be awkward." Slasher said as if this were a joke.

"Shut up, prick." I said as I took his leash from Billy and pulled it roughly.

Without a second thought Slasher swiftly picked up a knife that was in the table, pressing it onto my neck.

Shit.

Billy and Marcus flinched as their eyes darted to me. Once Marcus took in what was happening he turned his head to look at Slasher slowly.

"I'll do whatever you want. I'll tell you whatever you want. Just don't touch her." He practically begged as Slasher kept his eyes on the knife that was digging into my neck.

"The thing about me is that I get angry when you call me names, but I also kind of like it." Slasher threatened before he turned his head to Marcus waiting for his answer.

"They were killed by one of the people Reagan released from the mental hospitals, okay?" Marcus clarified.

"Okay, so A to B. I was hoping for C, but you probably don't know C yet, do you?" Slasher demanded a straight answer.

"I did what you wanted. Leave her alone. Please." Marcus pleaded.

"Ice cream." Slasher demanded.

How long could he keep thing fucking knife on my neck? Jesus fuck, is his arm not tired because I'll need a fucking chiropractor after this shit!

"Ice cream?" Billy questioned.

Slasher took the knife off my neck suddenly. Once he did I leaned into Marcus who swung his arm around my waist pulling me impossibly closer. He just wanted to make sure I felt safe, which I always did if he was in sight.

"We're getting ice cream. And then, I promise, I'll show you." Slasher said, placing the knife back onto the table before chuckling.

I hate psychopaths.