Chapter 1 | "Accidental Summer Romance"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Note To Readers: The characters in this story all belong to the creator of a game called Danganronpa and this fanfiction wasn't meant to be canon to the actual game. The members of D.I.C.E aren't going to be the people we see in Kokichi's past life in the game, instead, they are going to be Danganronpa characters from Danganronpa V3. Please respect the changes. Thank you, I hope you enjoy my fanfiction! Also, just to let you know, this fanfiction is completely child-friendly apart from the possible blood and gore in future chapters. Due to violence, I might make this fanfic 14+ or even 16+ if necessary.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Among the outskirts of the city, lay an abandoned building. The building had 5 stories and had been known to be empty for years. People had gone inside and out of it to see if it was haunted by ghosts or lost spirits. Unfortunately, they found nothing of the sort.

    Although there was something that the people in this specific city, Tokyo, did not know, there were crooked floorboards located near the entrance which was accompanied by a ladder underneath which lead to a basement full of rooms where a secret organization lay in hiding. This organization was called D.I.C.E. D.I.C.E. was brought together and lead by a 17-year-old boy by the nickname, "The Phantom Thief". He would wear the hat of a military commander and the cape of one as well as a clown-looking mask, checkered scarf, white buttoned shirt, and white jeans pulled together by a white belt. The members of his "secret organization" were the top criminals in Tokyo. Sometimes, his members would throw a little prank on the city's people but other times, they would rob entire banks, museums, and jewelry stores.

    The Phantom Thief lay down sideways along with his cheap, torn-up couch with one leg on the top backboard of the couch. Today was meant to be a special day for the Phantom Thief. Today was his birthday, June 21st. 

    "Happy Birthday, sir!" exclaimed Kirumi, the loyal maid of their little gang. "The others are coming back with a stolen cake for you, we hope that it is to your liking. It's a velvet cake with grape-flavored frosting with little grapes on top, not too many, not too little. The cake is just how we assume you would like it."

    "Why, Kirumi, the best part of my birthday isn't the cake or the presents," smirked that purple-haired thief. He wasn't wearing a mask today which revealed his face. His skin was incredibly pale and he had gorgeous purple eyes. His hair was only slightly longish, not too much, the ends of his hair split apart and shot up upwards like an octopus's tentacles. 

    "Oh? What is the best part of your birthday?" smiled Kirumi. Kirumi had always been like a mom to the Phantom Thief so he tended to sometimes call her that.

    "Well, if you really want to know, mom...it's because it reminds me of how strong I am since I beat a kid up on my birthday when I was 10 years old!"

    "What?"

    "Mhm!"

    Kirumi stared at him, slightly disappointed in what she had just heard. Then, she suddenly remembered something--

    "HAH! IT'S A LIE! I never beat up a kid at 10 years old, they were beating me up, actually...the best part of my birthday is you and the rest of our family!" he playfully giggled.

    Kirumi smiled genuinely, letting out a little giggle as well. The Phantom Thief had been known for his lies. Normally, they were harmless white lies. Well, unless he was dealing with the cops or detectives, of course. All across Japan, there were talented students called "Ultimates". It was rare for a child to be born with an ultimate talent, but somehow, the Phantom Thief was one. He was the Ultimate Supreme Leader. Everyone in his organization had an ultimate talent, actually, except some of them didn't want to reveal them to their leader. He took offense in that but let it slide anyway since he loved them all dearly. The Phantom Thief's real name was Kokichi Ouma, the name that his parents had given him before he had started to live on the streets. Nobody knew why he lived on the streets or what happened to his parents, he never opened up to anyone easily about his personal life.