Chapter 5 | "Familiar"

That day at school, Himiko couldn't help but think about the other night. Perhaps the phantom thief did have a human side to him after all and wasn't just a criminal in the darkness with a huge mask of lies. There had been something more behind that mask all along.

   "Nyeh, he did have a really nice voice...." muttered Himiko quietly to herself, getting deep into her trance.

    "HIMIKO YUMENO!!" exclaimed Mr. Monokuma, a man who always wore black and white to match his black hair and red eyes.

    "AGH! I'M SO SORRY FOR DAYDREAMING AGAIN IN CLASS, SIR! IT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN"

    "I asked you to read page 34 of "Tom Sawyer" out loud to the whole class! Must I always have to repeat myself?"

    Himiko frowned, her face reddening from complete and utter embarrassment. Then, shortly after taking a deep breath, she started reading the few paragraphs on that page to the whole class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    After a while, the bell finally rang and it was time for lunch. She sat with her best friends Tenko and Angie. Tenko was screaming at some boys she found sitting on the table behind them who were on the football team.

    "YOU DEGENERATE MALES THINK YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH EVERYTHING INCLUDING BEAT THE GIRLS' FOOTBALL TEAM AT FIVE WHOLE GAMES! WE WILL DESTROY YOU!" she screamed.

    Then, just like all the other times her friend had screamed at a bunch of high school boys for no reason, a teacher came over and gave her a warning to quiet down or else she would get a one-hour detention.

    "Really, Tenko? Again?" asked Angie. "You really need to control your temper around boys. Atua is not pleased."

    "Ugh, they all deserved it, though," Tenko responded, rolling her eyes.

    "Are you ready for the school dance, Himiko?" questioned Angie.

    "Huh, there's a school dance coming up?" asked Himiko.

    "Mhm, in two weeks! I'm guessing that you're going alone, Tenko?"

    "Why, of course I am! You think I'd be around such hideous, ignorant, stupid creatures who freely live in and take advantage of our society?"

    "Not all guys are like that, Tenko..." sighed Himiko.

    "I'm just going to assume that you're going to go with your boyfriend over there," smirked Angie, teasingly.

    "B-boyfriend?! I don't have a b-boyfriend.." exclaimed Himiko, confused.

    Angie pointed at a certain purple-haired boy with purple eyes who was sitting at the table next to them, staring at Himiko. When Himiko turned to look, Kokichi immediately turned his eyes back down onto the table in front of him.

    "How long had he been looking at me?"

    "He's been looking at you since we all sat down and lunch had started! He looks like he's all alone...why don't you ask him to sit with us? He does seem rather fond of you~"

    "A-ANGIE! I-I couldn't do that..." blushed Himiko. "I hardly even know him, he would get the wrong idea...I've only talked to him once-"

    "Oooh, so you've talked to him"

    "I AGREE WITH HIMIKO, LETTING HIM SIT WITH US IS A HORRIBLE IDEA! He may be planning something EVIL to hurt our Himiko!" screamed Tenko which got Kokichi's attention and caused him to look back at their table.