Chapter 2 | "An Average School Day With A Not-So-Average New Student"

"Himiko sweetie, it's time for school!" exclaimed Mrs. Yumeno, throwing Himiko's pink blanket with miniature kittens on it off of Himiko and her bed and onto the floor.

    "Nyehhhhhhhhhhhhh! School is such a pain! Five more minutes!" whined Himiko. Himiko rolled over on her bed to face her mom. "Please?"

    Mrs. Yumeno put her hands on her hips and shook her head. "No, Himiko. School has started and you have responsibilities now! Go get dressed then come meet me downstairs for breakfast, alright?"

    "Fine mom," frowned Himiko. Once her mom left her room, Himiko quickly put on an oversized black hoodie that said "Misunderstood" on it in white writing, gray leggings, and a really dark red frilly skirt. She also wore the brown Mary Jane shoes she had liked to wear on all her outfits for about over a year now. She had gotten those shoes one Christmas day as a little girl but hadn't grown into them until recently. 

    She stared at the black wizard hat inside of her closet. It was such a shame that she wasn't able to wear it to school due to the no-hats rule. It was her second favorite thing in her entire wardrobe apart from her brown Mary Jane shoes. 

    Normally, she thought that starting a new school year was a pain. She thought that everything was a pain. Although this time was different, she had her own series of magic shows. She was an official magician and it was all thanks to her master. Her "master" was the old magician who had found her as a little girl, thought she had potential at becoming a magician, and had been training her in magic ever since.

    Although, she couldn't forget her first magic show by herself. That mysterious masked criminal had broke in and stole from her. He had also stolen her first kiss without her consent as well. She did realize that it could have been on accident though when she opened the locker, he had fallen on top of her and seemed to have no control over what fell on what. He had just happened to kiss her.

    Thankfully, she was never going to see that mysterious masked boy ever again. She hadn't told any of her friends or family of that incident, she wanted it to be long forgotten. She rushed into the restroom to quickly brush her teeth and splash water on her face, then carefully walked downstairs towards the kitchen to get some breakfast.

    She sat down at the table and noticed that her mother had prepared blueberry pancakes for her. Blueberry pancakes with whipped cream and strawberries on top. She had also added a bit of sprinkles on top. The food looked delicious, as always. Her mother was an amazing cook. She licked her lips then quickly started devouring those godly-tasting pancakes. She couldn't help but smile while eating them, they were so good. Not too sweet, not too soft, not too stuffy. 

    "Um, honey, the bus leaves in 5 minutes.." warned her mother.

    Himiko stood up from her seat in surprise, wiped her mouth with the sleeve of her oversized sweater, grabbed her backpack, then rushed outside towards the bus stop. A few of her neighbors tried to approach her but she had to reply to each of them with a 'Sorry, can't talk right now, I have to catch the bus!' or 'I'm kind of in a hurry somewhere, sorry! We can talk after I'm done with school!'

    The thing is, Himiko's bus stop was 4 minutes away from her house which was why she had to quickly run if the bus was going to come in exactly 5 minutes. In about 4 minutes, she had reached her destination.

    Luckily, the bus arrived right as she arrived at her stop. The door burst open and her neighbors walked in one by one. Himiko was the last to get on her bus. Himiko wasn't a social kind of girl, she was a bit introverted and didn't get impressed by things easily. Himiko did have friends who she would always hang with, though. Her best friends were Tenko Chabashira and Angie Yonaga. Tenko had brown hair with a slight green glow to it. She also had green eyes, very obvious black makeup, a faded-looking blue dress on with a white collar and long sleeves, and long brown boots. She always had her hair in extremely long pigtails which went slightly past her knees.