Chapter 9

Y/N POV:

After lunch everyone went back to their classes and the day went on, after classes were over we all headed over to the change rooms. Everyone changed into their practice jerseys and gear, then we all headed onto the ice, not long after we started doing laps when Julie suddenly stopped and started puking over the edge. I kept skating trying not to pay much attention to it, coach yelled over to her not even fazed that she was puking saying, "Julie the cat, what's the matter you got a Hairballs?" Goldberg went up behind him and said something as I rolled my eyes and pretended everything was normal.

Not long after we started playing practice runs, and just as quickly as we started, coach stopped us telling us to freeze. I rolled my eyes stopping right in my tracks and looked up to the coach, coach started talking with Charlie. I didn't even listen. I sat down on the ice and waited for coach to say something that involved me.

I watched them skate over to the box Charlie skating into the box and sitting down with a ruff, Coach skated over telling us to take a knee. I rolled my eyes and scrambled onto my knee from my sitting position on the ice, "what's the one thing all great teams have in common?" coach questioned, "great coaching." Averman replied, "Don't try to suck up to me Averman. defence. Unlike scoring defence never quits but to play great defence you need one thing above all." coach said looking down at us all, "Bet it starts with a W." Averman said looking to one of the other Ducks.

"confidence, listen if you learn nothing else when you're here you learn this, alright because it's not just about hockey, it's easy to be confident when you have control of the puck. It's very very difficult to keep that confidence when you gotta take whatever strange bounces life throws your way, don't be careless but don't be too careful either. You cannot be afraid to lose. That's how you gain the confidence to attack the game when the puck isn't yours, that's how you attack life, even when you don't think you have any control, and that's how you play real defence." Coach said in his giant speech, I rolled my eyes when he ended his speech like that.

After practice was over I decided that I would have a shower in the dorm showers, I just wanted to relax and not listen to everyone complaining about Coach and everything else. I didn't like him just as much, I just had other things to worry about, like not running into Noah.

I hopped in the shower and soon realized I forgot my change of clothes in my room, I cursed under my breath regretting my choices. I tightly wrapped my towel around myself, and started questioning if everyone was back yet. I slightly peeked out of the door, my head out just enough so I could see what was going on outside, I saw a few of the boys just in the common room down the hall. I went back into the bathroom, I sighed looking down at the dirty pile of sweaty clothes.

"This week is going great." I said to myself as I put on the dirty clothes from the day, I would rather have to shower again then the people i've known for a week see me walk by in a towel I thought to myself trying to justify my actions. I picked up my towel off the floor and threw it into the bin.

I walked out of the bathroom my hair still wet and walked towards my room, when I came in to a sleeping Julie who was laying on her bed with a bucket and me being my supportive self didn't know what to do, I just walked by trying not to wake her took clean clothes and walked back to the backroom.

After changing I walked out of the bathroom and into the common room, almost everyone was there except Julie but that was to be expected especially after seeing her fast asleep on her bed not 10 minutes ago.

Dwayne's POV:

After everyone was finished in the locker room I noticed Y/N was gone. I assumed she went back to the dorms to shower there but I wasn't sure, she seemed kind of off since yesterday, I might be wrong but also I bit over the past week. I also haven't known her for that long but she seemed to randomly zone out in thought, maybe she doesn't like it here or maybe she doesn't like the team... or maybe even me.

She came out of the bathroom and sat down on the couch, she seemed cold so I took the blanket that was behind me and passed it over to her, "Thank you." she said with a soft smile, "Anytime." I replied, smiling back. Someone's hockey game was on it wasn't my team but it's still nice to watch, Y/N randomly stood up. My eyes followed her as she disappeared into the hallway.

That night when I tried to sleep I couldn't stop my head from turning, I didn't know what was up with her, she seemed so.. off, and well I didn't want to bring it up, it wasn't any of my business I had only known her for a little over a week and didn't want to step over a line.

Word cont: 984 

A/N: 

Im changing the name to Y/N. Sorry this chapter took so long and more of the chapters will be longer and I will try to post as much as possible I just have a bit of writers block for this story so if you have any ideas please comment them. (: