fifteen: Thoughts & Late Night Talking

Fifteen: Thoughts & Late Night Talking

The ride back home was silent and there was barely any interaction between him and me. It wasn’t awkward or anything. Rather comforting. It was a good time to comprehend all the thoughts that were currently running through my head.

A) I was going to get married to B) someone I had met just barely a month ago but C) we apparently had been childhood friends which D) I couldn’t remember at all so E) I literally had no idea who Zayn Malik was besides his regular anger issues and the sometimes sweet gestures that were breaking through his hard shell.

I was terrified.

Rihanna was playing in the radio (or was it a CD?) and Zayn was slightly tapping his pointer finger and his thumb against the steering wheel to the beat of the sung his sunglasses safely placed on the ridge of his nose. He looked proper badass in all honesty and I sort of found myself liking it.

Soon enough we arrived in the huge mansion, Safaa was playing outside on a old swing set and Zayn hurried me inside before she could notice me and ask me to play with her. Auntie Trisha was sitting on the white, more cream coloured and softly textured loveseat skimming through a magazine and enjoying a cup of green tea with some light cookies on the side. We greeted her shortly and then made our way upstairs with Zayn trailing behind me.

“You wanna come up to my room?”, he asked carelessly and casually which caught me by surprise. I looked behind me to look at his face and he raised his right brow, his lip loosely caught between his front teeth.

“I’m not sure…,” I said taking the last two steps of the stairs before turning around to properly talk to him.

“Why? There wasn’t anything that bothered you the last time, right?”, asked and I shook my head to reassure him it was just nice the last time. Still it was awkward for me since I had no idea what to do in one room with my soon to be husband alone while I was sure it wasn’t any kind of big deal for him. I bet he had lots of girls up in his room already. He looked experienced which made me feel angry and weird at the same time.

“I just… wouldn’t know what to do? Like, what can we do in your room that we can’t do in the living room or outside or anywhere else for that matter?”

He looked at me weirdly and that’s when I knew I shouldn’t have said anything at all and just should’ve agreed or went to my room silently telling him I was sick or should’ve told him I was tired or already promised Doniya to do something with her or …

“Well, I do have a few things in mind which we surely couldn’t or wouldn’t do in the living room in front of my mum or in front of anyone really”, he suddenly said and I jerked my head up nervously starting to play with my hands. I knew what he meant and I didn’t need him to elaborate his thoughts so I just stuttered  few “uhms” and “ahs” until he laughed and just walked away like this leaving it up to me if I followed him or not. I just stood there for a few more minutes in absolute disbelief before walking that familiar route to my room. I just couldn’t.

---

I fell asleep. I didn’t even bother to put on some more comfortable clothes or remove the concealer I had applied in the morning but I just fell asleep lost in the softness of my duvet and my pillow(s). 

A knock interrupted my sleep. A soft yet firm knock against my wooden door. Once, twice, three times it knocked against the door until I leaned up against my headboard, pulled the duvet up to my chin and answered with a barely audible “come in”. 

The door opened and Zayn walked in with some cookies which looked like those Trisha had eaten when we entered the living room earlier. They smelled delicious even from that distance, delicious enough to nearly make me forget Zayn saw me like a complete mess and a duvet pulled up to my chin.

“Are you cold?”, he asked and closed the door behind him before he placed the porcelain plate with five cookies on it on the dresser. Next he took off his sweatshirt leaving him with a black t shirt that fitted him nicely around his athletically trained arms and abs. I nearly looked away because I was intimidated but kept myself from doing so just to not give him the satisfaction of seeing me sheepishly. 

“No, I just… I just need to change really quickly and stuff, I’ll be right back,” I told him until throwing the duvet aside and rushing to my bathroom which now was really useful to be en suite. 

As soon as I had changed into some casual black sweatpants and a soft baby blue t shirt, which fitted too tightly for my liking but not tight enough for me to abandon it, I took a quick yet refreshing shower using my extra fancy shower gel and shampoo.  I brushed my teeth and then rushed back to my room where Zayn had already placed himself on my bed eating the cookies while alternately scrolled through and typed on his phone.

When he noticed me standing there he put it aside and looked me up and down before crawling up to my headboard to rest his back there and patting the spot next to him signalling me I should go and sit there.

And I did just that without letting myself think about it any further. I just walked up to my bed and sat next to him and I even took a cookie from the plate to eat it. It was perfect, just the right amount of sugar and there even was some pistachio in it which surprised me but I surely loved it.

“Like it?”, he asked me while he watched me carefully.

I nodded my head in response and then he just turned his head to his front again letting me eat my cookie peacefully. And I appreciated it. That he didn’t make a big deal out of this whole situation unlike my thoughts did.

Soon he pulled the duvet up over our legs just so we could feel a bit more normal and comforted in some way I believe and he surprised me more and more by every day, every minute passing. But I didn’t want to completely trust him yet. I couldn’t know how long this would last, his whole nice manners and everything. I didn’t want to get my hopes up only to let him have the power to utterly crash them just the moment he felt like doing so. I wanted to have the power in my own hands.

Later that night we found ourselves talking and talking about everything in general and I learned that even though he might not greatly skilled with his words, he was the best listener I could’ve ever asked for. His thoughts were deep but he yet had to find a way to correctly describe them. 

In some weird way we completed each other.

authors note:

Hello everyone!

Here's chapter 15 of Sugar Coat, hope you all enjoy! Sorry for the way too long wait again, I was very busy with school and stuff but I'll try my best to keep this all up.

Tell me how you liked it in the comment section and if you enjoyed reading as much as I enjoy writing this for you then also let me know with a vote!

I hope you all know that I love every single one of my readers so much, you mean the world to me. The reads I get on my stories are riciulously high, I would've never expected my works rising to such popularity. Even though I know I'm not the most popular or whatever but that's not the point.

love you all so so much,

bella x