Chapter 0.04

Jace POV

As we were traveling, I kept remembering parts of my past life.
This is just like a camping trip honestly. I was the only kid at the orphanage who would be really excited. The others just wanted to stay inside. However, since I went, that got a lot of the others to come too. I would always buy stuff for smores when I could. I had to at least save some of the money I got from my part time job! *Sigh* I kinda miss the other kids. I hope they're alright without me.

Yuno: Jace?
Jace: hmm?
Yuno: Asta was calling for you, and you didn't respond.
Asta: Why did you respond to Yuno and not me?! Yuno you handsome jerk!
Jace: Ah sorry Asta, Yuno. I was just thinking about which squad I would join. I'm thinking either the Crimson Lions, or the Black Bulls.
Yuno: The Black Bulls? Aren't they the worst squad? Why not the golden dawn?
Jace: Yes the Black Bulls are the worst, but I'm not joining the Golden Dawn because they're stuck up. Same reason for the Silver Eagles. I'm not joining the Blue Rose because of the way they treat boys. I'm not joining the Purple Orcas for obvious reasons. Not the Green Praying Mantis because they might kill me. Not the Peacocks because their captain is always asleep. Not Aqua Deer because their captain is the same age, and I wouldn't see them as a superior.
Asta: THAT'S THE MOST I HAVE EVER HEARD YOU TALK!
Yuno: That's good reasoning, but the Crimson Lions are also nobles, and the Black Bulls are actually the worst.
Jace: The Crimson Lions are a bit less stuck up though...
And the Black Bulls would remind me of you guys because of how loud and competitive I've heard it is.
Asta: THAT'S YOUR REASONING?!
Yuno&Jace: Stop yelling!

Yup just like the camping trip, loud, exhausting, and most of all fun.
At long last the capital is in sight! Took us awhile to get here. Also, I'm definitely joining the Black Bulls if I can! I can't wait to meet everyone!

Time skip

We finally made it! Right now we are walking through the streets at the Royal Capital. There are tons of shops, but everything is 'expensive'. I say it like that because, thanks to being OP, I can use my magic to create solid, real coins. Yup, I'm going shopping! I don't want to stand out too much though.

Jace: Hey guys, I'll meet you at the exams. I want to do some quick shopping.
Asta: How?! Everything is so expensive!
Yuno: For once I agree. How do you plan to pay?
Jace: I have some money on me. I did have a part time job you know. I helped in the fields.
Asta: YOU DID?!
Yuno: You never told us...
Jace: you never asked... Anyways bye!

After I said that, I teleported away a few meters. Immediately I went to search for presents for everyone. (Asta, Yuno, Sister, Father, Nash, etc.)
I found a two piece yin-yang necklace. I think it would match Asta and Yuno.
I found a pair of angel wing ear cuffs for myself, a clover ring for Father, a jewel cross necklace for Sister, and a set of bracelets for the other kids. After paying, I added a few spells to them. Magic protection, magic absorption, healing, and magic storage. After that I stopped by an
'old lady' selling grilled purple snakes. Thanks to my reincarnation knowledge, and being OP, I recognized the Wizard King, Julius Novachrono.
I just passed them a slip of paper saying, 'Hello Wizard King'. As I walked away, I could feel his eyes on me. I chose then to teleport to the line for the exams. Somehow, making it before Asta and Yuno.

Asta: OI! How did you get here first!? How do you always do that!?
Yuno: did you find what you were looking for?
Jace: First, I don't know how I got here before you. Second, yes! I got you two something!

After saying this, I pull out the two piece yin-yang necklace. I hand Yuno the light half, and Asta the dark half.

Asta: Thanks Jace!
Yuno: Thank you.
Jace: No problem! Also, just so you know, they're enchanted!
Asta: Really!? How did you afford this?!
Yuno: He said he had a part time job already...

3rd POV
Jace didn't take notice of the blush the boys had when he gave them the necklaces, or when he put it on them.
Jace decided to go behind Asta and Yuno in line.

Exam register: Next.

As Yuno showed his grimoire to the registration guy, many people started whispering about the four leaf clover. After him came Asta. They didn't even think it was a grimoire at first, but after checking it, let him through. Finally it was my turn, and when whispers started, I wasn't even suprised. I mean, my grimoire has two six leaf clovers, and two seven leaf clovers.

Exam taker 1: What kind of grimoire even is that?
Exam taker 2: Is it even from the Clover Kingdom?
Exam taker 3: Of course it is, it has clovers on it.
Exam taker 1: Exactly clover's'. As in multiple!

I just walked away after getting my number and met up with Yuno.

3rd POV

As Jace walked through, the birds could still sense his severely suppressed mana. They just avoided the general area he was in. He didn't even notice people whispering about him, too caught up in searching for Yuno and Asta.

Asta: Just you wait Yuno! I'm gonna become the Wizard King! And then I'm gonna-
Jace: No. I know what you're gonna say. No.
Yuno: You should listen to Jace...
Asta: WHERE DID YOU COME FROM?! Also shut up you handsome jerk!
Jace: I come from Hage Village~.
Asta: That's not what I mea- AHHH THESE STUPID BIRDS!

The Anti-birds now noticed Jace mana, and tried to get Asta away.
Asta, who ran, bumped into someone, and the birds flew away.

Asta: Ah sorry about tha-
???: Do you want to die?

After a minute of Asta arguing with himself, he made a dumb choice...

Asta: Man you look old! You must have had a hard life!
???: Looks like I was right about that death wish...

As the person lifted Asta by the head, he slowly added pressure.

Jace: Excuse me, I'm terribly sorry for what Asta did. Is there any chance you could forgive him Captain Yami?
Yami: At least your friend has manners shrimp. Maybe I would have let him down if he was the one who said that.
Asta: WHAAAA YOU'RE A CAPTAIN?! MMPHH!
Jace: What have we told you about yelling?

Yami didn't show it, but he was quite amused by the sudden change of tone. It went from polite, to ice-cold in an instant.

???: Captain what are you doing?
Yami: I'm about to kill this kid.
???: You can't do that! You aren't supposed to kill the participants!
Yami: Are you telling me what to do?
Jace: Oh-no...