Chapter 0.07

Jace POV

I woke up to Asta shouting about a pillar outside the door. I quickly get up and see him talking with Magna about it. I smirk as I think of how I should mess with him today. I know I'm evil, but that's the fun part. I walk out rubbing the sleep from my eyes like a child as I yawn.

'Tired' Jace: Good morning Magna-senpai, Asta. What are you yelling about?
Asta: Good morning! There's this pillar right outside our door! Apparently the base moves around!
Magna: M-morning I was fixing to give the shrimp a tour. You wanna join?
Jace: sure! Also, are you still sick senpai? Your face is red again...
Magna: I-I'm fine! L-let's go!

And with that they take off with me floating close behind because it's too early to run. He showed us all of the rooms, including the bathroom where he was threatened with death. I, thankfully, hid before he opened the door. He said Asta and I would take turns feeding the beasts, and waking captain Yami. As we rounded the corner we all stopped. Asta was questioning why, while I greeted Them.

Jace: Hello there. You must be the other member. My name's Jace. May I ask for your name?
???: Hmph! Pesent! My name is Noel Silva of the royal Silva house!

As Asta tried to introduce himself, she slapped away his hand and insulted his magic power. Then, right as she launched an attack, I quickly took control of it. I made it slowly disappear as I let out a breath.

Jace: I'm sorry, but I don't want you to hurt my brother Asta.
Noel: Brother! You two look and act nothing alike!
Asta: We're not blood related! I don't see you as a brother, so will-

I hit him on the head with a no as I walked away. 'Asta why won't you see Yuno like that instead! You two are so cute together!'

After a big argument with Noel and Magna, I decided to go spend time with the beasts. They don't try to eat me at least! I know what's about to go down. I'm just waiting with them for now. They're so cute~!

???: Aaahhhh!

Guess it's already time...

3rd POV.

Jace ran outside to the scream. The moment he got outside he saw a giant water bubble in the sky. Asta came running out moments after. Captain Yami threw Asta at it while Jace used his magic to fly up there. Asta cut through the bubble. Jace caught both of them mid air. Finral opened a portal which they gladly went through. Everyone came to the conclusion that this was caused because Noel couldn't control her magic. Everyone praised her ability and Vanessa offered to help her find a wand to better control her magic. Jace and Asta helped her stand up on her feet.

Jace POV.

After everything settled down, Luck came up to me and Asta. He must've remembered I promised him a fight...

Jace: Let me guess... You want to fight us?
Luck: YUP~!
Asta: I still got chores to do!
Jace: I'll fight you.
Luck: Really?! YAY!

Time skip from Jace...

We both were on different sides of the field in stance. He charged at me at top speeds. The moment he was close enough, I used his momentum against him. He went straight into a tree, or that's what would happen. He used his lightning speed to jump off of the tree to me. I just created a barrier while I dodged him. He continued jumping and running at me as I dodged easily. It lasted for a few hours like this. By then, I was in the same place from start, not even breaking a sweat. He however passed out from exhaustion soon after the 4th hour.

Jace:*Sigh* I guess I'll carry him back. No actually, I'll teleport us back...

And that's what I did. I also decided to replenish his mana while I was at it. Magna was definitely shocked about me beating him, but he was even more shocked when I told him how.

Time skip by Jace

After yesterday's fight, Luck keeps bothering Magna so he can get stronger. (A/n: Autocorrect tried to make me say 'so he can get straight')
Just then, Yami comes in. He starts being all serious about a mission. Asta asked if he could go, but was turned down. I however wanted to go because I knew it was gambling.

Jace: Hey Captain?
Yami: What is it shorty?
Jace: Are you guys just going gambling? If so, I have a ton of luck at stuff like that...

And just like that, Captain picked me up by the head and walked away with Magna. He told everyone that I was coming with them as we left.

Magna: Are you serious about being good at gambling?
Jace: Yup! And if you don't believe me, just wait and see~!
Yami: Do you have a broom shorty?
Jace: Don't need one. I can fly with my air magic...
Magna: What kind of magic do you have anyways?
Jace: Don't know.

We continued flying until we ended up at our destination: A gambling house. I carefully followed Captain to a table where another person was seated. He looked kind of old, but he did have a decent amount of mana. He also seemed kind. Apparently I was too caught up in thought to hear his name. The author definitely didn't just forget...

Author: DON'T BREAK THE FOURTH WALL!!!
Jace: No promises.

Anyways, I was seated next to him as we went through the game. Since god made me too OP, I was winning pretty well while the man next to me kept complaining about my luck. Captain and Magna were stating things such as 'That's my junior!', or 'Good job kid'. In the end, I was the one who won. I managed to also get Captain's and Magna's money while I was at it. They agreed to do him any favors in the last round. He chose hunting bores.  Just before we took off, I handed him a bag with a lot of the money earned. Before he could protest we were off. While I was at it I also put a protection spell on him without being noticed.