Chapter 3

"Scotch light ice"

The bartender nodded and walked away.

It was hard to stay focused after the event that had transpired earlier today.

I lazily looked to my left at a blonde woman who decided she had nothing Better to do tonight then practically hang on my shoulder.

The bartender brought me my drink and walked away quickly probably to afraid of my expression to find out if I had anything to say.

"How about we have some fun tonight" the woman said playing with the hem of my blazer.

I downed the glass of alcohol and picked up my belongings shaking her off.

"I don't think you could possibly meet my standards of "fun" sweetheart" I said walking past her.

I walked to the lobby and found the elevator. It was convenient that my apartment had a bar and a restaurant for night like these.

Patiently I warier until the belle dinged signifying the elevators arrival to my desired floor.

Steeping if I went to reach for my keys and felt my hands touch a small box. Pulling it out I realized it was the emergency kit from earlier.

"Who is y/n?" I muttered racking my brain for an answer.

In that moment while I stood puzzled I looked at the apartment next to me.

The door was slightly ajar and I could here soft music coming from inside.

I contemplated ignoring it but realized that it was my neighbors apartment the one whose name was probably y/n.

I stuffed the kit in my pocket and walked over to her apartment.

I tried knocking on her door, slowly it creaked open with the pressure of my hand allowing me to take a peak inside.

There was no answer.

Maybe I was intruding but pushing my feelings aside I opened the door carefully.

"Is anyone home?"

I began walking inside until I stopped right in front of the kitchen.

On the floor was my neighbor sprawled out. In her left hand was an empty liquor bottle and on her right was a spoon. She was directly under the fridge which was wide open and I assumed she was eating something out of it before passing out.

"Great now I'm stuck babysitting my odd neighbor, that's what I get for being nosy" I muttered.

Grabbing the spoon and bottle out of her hand I made sure to clean up her mess.

Carefully I picked her up and began walking her to where I assumed her room was. I felt her stir under my grip and nuzzle her face into the crook of my neck.

"Aren't you my really really hot neighbor?"

I stopped walking for a moment.

"You smell nice"

Before I could respond she had passed out again going limp in my arms.

As if my day couldn't get any worse.

Walking into her room I placed her on her bed and tucked her in. I turned on the light and noticed that she had been crying as her face was smeared with makeup.

I sighed but either way walked towards her vanity and rummaged the drawers for makeup remover.

When I finally found it I walked back to her bed and sat beside her. Carefully I tilted her head to the side and began rubbing off her makeup.