Chapter-11

Pulling the trigger, he looked back at me before whispering, "And this is for Elizabeth

Pulling the trigger, he looked back at me before whispering, "And this is for Elizabeth."

Adam's body was now lying on the floor, blood pouring out of his stomach and head. Jittery, I kneeled in front of Adam and examined his body to find out that he was actually dead. Mr. Lamoril killed Adam.

Looking back at Lamoril with bloody eyes, I yelled, "You crazy bastard. What did you do? I didn't want to kill him. I just wanted to make him unconscious and then interrogate him. You-oh my God. I chose the wrong side."

I gave the deadliest glare to Mr. Lamoril but he looked unfazed as he loosened his tie and looked at me with cold eyes, "Ms. Crystal, this is not the right time for me to answer your questions. We have only about fifteen minutes. We need to run or we'll die."

"I'm not going anywhere with you, son of a bitch. Leave me alone or I'll murder you in a second."

"You're shocked, I understand. But trust me just once."

I laughed and stood back up and looked at him pointedly, "Trust you? A murderer? I don't even trust myself. Heck, how do I trust you?"

Lamoril stepped forward but I just punched his chest and yelled, "Believe you? Go somewhere with you? Why? You want me to end up like Angela. God, I should have just believed in Adam. You're a piece of shit. I don't care about answers anymore. If you don't want to open your mouth, fine. I'll kill you."

Upon completing my sentence, I aimed the guy right at Lamoril's chest and smiled, "Goodbye."

"Wait!" He screamed.

For the first time, there was worry in his eyes. He looked scared and tiny, which led me to laugh psychopathically, "What? Is the big bad wolf scared? Scared to die?"

"Leave the gun. We'll talk," He said slowly.

"No. Too late for that," I said before checking the gun for bullets.

Lamoril looked uncertain about what to say to relax me. He was a sociopath and unmerciful. I didn't want to hear anything anymore. He had lost his chance.

I held the gun tightly and whispered, "Go to hell."

"Don't you want to know why there is a headstone of your name in my cemetery?" He said suddenly.

My face became pale and lowering the gun, I asked, "What do you know?"

"Oh, I know so much. I know why you're here. I know who you are. And you need me as much as I need you, Ms. Crystal. We are meant to be together in this shithole. I'll explain everything but I need you to calm down right now and run together as fast as you can," He said in a convincing voice.

My eyes went back to Adam's lifeless body and then to Mr. Lamoril.

"I'll give you this last opportunity-"

Lamoril took a deep breath.

"-but I'll keep this gun with me. If you try to play with me once more, I won't let you live one more second. Got it?"