Chapter-13

"So can you tell me why you have two headstones with your name and my name in that creepy cemetery?"

I had been eating non-stop. After our earlier conversation, it was clear that my previous character was Angela and Adam was my brother. Adam was honest about the fact that he had a sister named Angela but he lied way too much by saying Lamoril killed her. It was in fact the opposite. Lamoril didn't elaborate much but somehow I fell in love with Lamoril when I was Angela and both of our consciousness had then seen light but after sneaking around too much, Adam got the heat of the fact that I was aware of the reality of this place. Therefore, he killed me and my consciousness.

Needless to say, my stomach didn't feel too well after that and I vomited my entire food-unfortunately on Lamoril's shoes. We both were grossed out and decided to take a break and now after almost two hours, we were back at the dining table with Lamoril honestly answering my questions while ensuring I was comfortable on the chair and eating a bazillion snacks. Yes, I get hungry very often.

"It's inappropriate for a girl to eat that much. Look after your weight," My mother would reprimand me often.

My lips curled with disgust as I remembered the memory but soon I realized even the memory was fake. Although I was Elizabeth Crystal in this world, it was not the real me. I was brainwashed to think and feel this way. I am not my character and my parents in this world are not real either. Wow, such knowledge is changing my entire perspective of my life.

Lamoril was seated in the chair beside mine, with his body turned towards me. He replied, "I'm not sure either. Sometimes I don't even understand why out of all characters I could've become, I became this murderer with a creepy cemetery in his house. All those years that cemetery was just a bunch of nameless headstones- whose purpose I'm not sure of. But when I met you, there were two headstones on which names appeared. One name was Angela and the other was mine- Leo. When your character died, the names faded but when you, Elizabeth, came back here, the names magically returned but this time your name was changed from Angela to Elizabeth. Apart from seeing you together with Adam, this was the second way that I confirmed that you were the woman I was looking for."

The woman he was looking for?

"Do you know how much I searched for you? I met so many girls and to stay in character, I... obviously killed them when their name didn't appear on the headstone," He said softly as his eyes met mine in a powerful gaze.

This man could seduce a woman without even saying a word. I know I just gained my consciousness but I shouldn't become so weak in my knees for any man already. The term soulmate isn't even literal in this game. Key is a more appropriate word for my relationship with Lamoril. I am not Angela anymore.

"Do you think the reason I became the men killer was for me to find my way back to you?" I hesitated as I voiced my curiosity.

"I think even if you weren't a killer then too we would've found our way back to each other. I was always certain of that, Ms. Crystal," He said.