Chapter 1: Brothers

He was heading to the dining hall to break his fast with his family, but his head was sore from last night's drinking with his brother Aegon to celebrate his return from the North after years of fostering, while he had been in another place. Luckily the walkway was steady, otherwise, all the Keep would have seen one of the Princes crawling on all fours through the hallways.

His brother instead was used to wine, having spent a lot of time with his uncle, the Red Viper of Dorne, who introduced him besides to the wine also to women, even though, in truth, Aegon did not need help with women. All he needed was to flaunt his Valyrian look, very similar to their father, and all the women threw themselves at his feet without many problems. All the opposite of him.

"You look...well, my Prince," Oswell said, smirking, breaking his thoughts when he reached his destination, and as he was standing on guard at the door with Ser Arthur and Ser Barristan, who were trying to hide the smirks.

"Fuck you...My head. It's bursting," he replied to the Kingsguard, touching his head, as Ser Barristan opened the door.

At the table, he saw his two mothers and father already sitting on one side, while his brother was sitting on the left side, sipping some wine as his usual, while resting one leg on his knee, and at the mere sight of it, his belly turned, and wanted to throw, but not wanting to make a show, he restrained.

The place where their dear sister Rhaenys sat, though empty was too prepared because the king never lost hope of finding her one day or at least get his hands on the one who attacked her years ago on the way to Highgarden.

"Good morning, son," his father greeted him, as he took a sip, while his mother was chatting with Elia. "Too much wine? You don't look that good."

And Jon nodded, before glaring at Aegon, who was trying to hide a smug on his face behind the goblet, however, in that moment, he realized that someone was missing at the table. His aunt. Dany. He knew she didn't leave the capital yet, as the king had not decided who she will marry yet, but she wasn't here either.

"Where is Daenerys?" he asked, trying to sound indifferent at her absence.

"In her room, I suppose," his father replied, while he filled himself a goblet of water, and heard Aegon say, "She is still angry with you, father."

"Angry? Why?" Jon asked, confused and feeling his heart start to race.

"Shall I tell him, father, or will you do it?" Aegon asked, and Jon looked in confusion between the two.

"Aegon. Please. This is not the moment," mother Elia cautioned him, but his brother continued as he looked into the goblet, "Our dear father has called for a tourney to find Daenerys a husband."

"What?" Jon asked, not believing his ears.

"I called nothing. It was her decision, Aegon," their father replied, irritated.

"What is this about, father?" asked Jon, but he did not answer, ignoring him and taking another sip of wine. "Father?"

But it was his mother who spoke, saying, "The council is pressuring him to find Daenerys a husband, before she is too old say those damn wrecks."

"Well, she is twenty, Lya. Already far too old to still be unmarried and a maiden. But you know I need to appease the Great Lords to keep the peace that I built in so many years."

"Our sweet aunt was against this decision, saying she will marry someone who she loved, and as her exact words were 'not a hunger power sheep like them'," replied Aegon.

"It's all your fault," his father said to his two wives, huffing. "The ideas you put in her head is making things difficult." He stopped to take some breath and another sip, to calm himself. "What does she even know about love?! She spent her life in the Red Keep training to wield the sword with the Kingsguard or in the damn library!"