Chapter 16: Injured

21 BBY
9 Months After Geonosis
.oOo.

He quietly closed the door, but before he could turn the lights on, he laid on the floor...

Unconscious.

.oOo.

Aayla flicked the switch from stun to shoot before checking the room for the chip. Under the rug, behind the portrait of Prince Yogan. Who needs a portrait of themself in their own office? She check the desk drawers, in the flowers, and in the small framed picture on his desk. Where could it be? Aayla had one last idea of where it could be: in the chair cushion. She inspected the cushion and noticed a small scut that had been stitched together. She cut it with a small blade she had strapped to Bly's DC-17. She dug her finger around in the stuffing until she hit something hard. "Ah ha!" She grabbed the small chip and put it in the pocket of her sleeve.

Just as she did that, she sensed Yogan coming back to consciousness. She rushed to his side immediately. "Prince, please wake up! Please! Somebody help!"

"What, what happened?" Prince Yogan spoke as he woke up.

"Oh, Prince! You're awake! Something happened. It was dark, I couldn't see! Then you were on the floor unconscious!" Aayla shed a tear to hold up her act. She was quite the actress.

"Oh, Senator. Don't worry about me. Shall we get back?"

"Of course, Prince."

.oOo.

"Did you get it?"

"Yeah."

"Hidden?"

"Yep."

A young seperatist senator walked up to Aayla and Bly. "Senator Kno! So nice to meet you!"

"Senator Atell! So good to meet you, as well!" Aayla shook hands with the green-skinned woman, who proceeded to grab Aayla's hand and drag her across the room. Like any good undercover husband, Bly followed.

"Since you're new to our cause, I'll introduce you to some of the others." Voe Atell shoved through other senators to a group of senators standing in a circle. "Senators, this is Senator Kno." She gestured towards Aayla, who smiled. "Deami, this is Senator Rimbaud, Senator Lawise, and Senator Bonteri."

Aayla shook hands with each of the senators and joined in their conversation. She had studied every planet, senator, and anything else she could find about the seperatist alliance before the mission, which made this conversation easier.
Their conversation continued for another twenty minutes until Aayla felt a tremor in the Force. Thinking it was nothing, she pushed it aside.
A minute later, she felt it again, but stronger. Something bad was going to happen. And soon. Aayla snapped her head in Bly's direction. They locked eyes immediately.

Aayla's arms shot up and all the guests flew to the other side of the ball room just as the extravagant wall behind Aayla exploded. She felt a huge weight press her down to the ground. Then she felt nothing. Everything went black. She laid under the rubble unconscious.

Screams filled the hall as guests ran towards the exit. Bly quickly stood and ran towards the burning rubble. He saw a small blue hand sticking out from under a large chunk of wall.