The Dark Wizard and Marie's Twin

"Marie!" Tyler managed to scream in utter terror.

Before his eyes laid Marie, who was unconscious next to the river.

He noticed the crocs started after her, and he didn't know what to do.

"If only I knew the anti curse!" he cursed at no one in particular.

He ran next to her, but he could not get to her, for there was a force between them.

"Damn dark magic," he muttered.

He noticed the crocodiles were getting closer to her.

"What was that one charm..." he muttered.

He noticed Marie had just woken up, and she looked up to see a croc right next to her.

She let out the most bloodcurdling scream Tyler had ever heard.

"Get away from me!" she hissed at them.

To her and Tyler's surprise, the crocs did just that.

"You can speak to crocs?!" Tyler asked her, still in fear.

"I-I-yeah. Is that normal?" she quavered.

"No, no it's not. Only three can speak it," Tyler responded, not taking his eyes off the crocs.

"Only three? Who else can?" she inquired.

"You, 'him,' and your twin."

There was an eerie silence, then Marie broke it.

"My twin... you make it sound as if you know him/her personally," Marie replied, her eyes darting between her and the crocs.

"I can't break this damn forcefield," Tyler muttered, ignoring her.

"I've seen this before," Marie sputtered.

"Huh?"

"I dreamt of this. I didn't tell anyone because they'd think I'd of lost it," Marie continued.

Marie pulled out the locket that she was given by the store owner that day, shining off the sunlight.

"That-That's-" Tyler started, eyes wide.

"It makes me invisible when I wear it. I tried it out one day," she explained.

"In order for me to pass through, it has to detect no life force," she continued.

"And making you invisible will fool the forcefield! You're a genius!" Tyler exclaimed.

"Let's not get carried away," she chuckled.

She threw the locket around her neck, and she went invisible. Tyler banged on the forcefield, but to his shock, it disappeared. 

"Marie?"

"Boo!" she jumped from behind him, scaring him half to death.

"Got ya!" she laughed.

Tyler's face turned red, and he playfully shoved her. Suddenly, a girl's scream could be heard from the center of the village.

"Crap, I forgot about Dawn!" Tyler facepalmed.

"C'mon let's go," Marie nodded towards the village.

-----

Brian and Maurice emerged from the forest, and ran straight into the village.

"Can you guys help her?" the brown haired boy next to her pleaded.

"What happened?" the two said simultaneously.

Dawn was on the ground, bleeding profusely. The boy was kneeled next to her, looking at her with a smirk.