Chapter 11

It's been a week and another blade has appeared on the corner of my desk. A blade that I did not put there. I take them and I hide them under my desk in a corner I drilled off. It's just a little hiding area. I've hidden things like notes and photos in it. 

Photos of me half-naked or actually naked. Sometimes I liked it for progress, other times it was just something Julianna and I used to do. We did stuff like that, we even went skinny dipping once. We got caught by her neighbors, a gentleman in his eighties and his son in his forties. 

We used to do so much together, sometimes I miss it. Not her necessarily, just the things we used to do. The way I used to act around her, the confidence I had. We even used to sneak out just to walk around the neighborhood and talk. 

Crazy how you can go from inseparable one minute to can't even look at each other the next. I try to distract myself from my thoughts and get ready for school. Today was the dance 'competition' at school.

They predicted it to last all day, so we have to report to our first class before reporting to the gym. They had to take attendance and make sure everyone made it to class first. There were always students that roamed the halls. 

I found it ironic that we were the only ones to get out of it out of everyone in our grade. One of the perks of having a brother work for the school. Preston brought a bag of Doritos and I brought popcorn. I also brought some fruit, which was what I planned on eating. 

"So, what's up with you and Preston?" Julianna asks with her minions behind her. I say minions, cause they follow her like there physically attached to her ass. 

"What do you mean?" I ask. Oblivious to whatever the hell she was talking about. I was just trying to put my stuff in my locker. 

"you know what I'm talking about, you two are always together. You wear his jersey around these hallways like a SLUT, and what the hell would a guy like THAT be doing with a GIRL LIKE YOU?". 

"Yeah, were always together. You got me, we were dance partners for the project. AND AS FOR HIS JERSEY AT LEAST I DIDN'T PAY HIM TO WEAR IT EVERY DAY, I MEAN HOW DESPERATE CAN YOU BE" 

"YOU WATCH YOUR DAMN MOUTH," She says, as she gets up in my face. 

I take a step closer, our lips near touching. 

"You might call me a slut, and you might be jealous that I get to spend my days with a hot football player, but just know nothing is worse than what you did to me. You left me when I was at my worst. You knew what I was going through and still left. You and I were inseparable and you left anyway, so the next time you wanna call someone names, take a look in the mirror and practice there" 

"How dare you, accuse me of leaving you," She says, she wants a fight. 

"Isn't that what you did, You know why I came to school upset that day. You knew, and yet you didn't care. You turned your back on me, your nothing but a coward" 

"YOU CAN'T BLAME EVERYTHING ON THAT, YOU HAVE AN EATING DISORDER SO WHAT. YOU HAVE DEPRESSION, YOU HURT YOURSELF. WHAT? WAS I SUPPOSED TO HOLD YOUR HAND, I'M NOT YOUR MOM" 

That's when I did. I punched the bitch so hard, I'm pretty sure I broke her tooth. I grabbed my book bag and walked out of school. Past the office, and straight out the doors. If I got suspended or expelled it would be worth it. 

I walk until I'm in the middle of the football field. I drop my bag and scream. I let it all out, I just scream and cry. Then scream a little more. 

*****

I walked across the street to the convenience store and wait for Junior to pick me up. I didn't tell him the details, then again he didn't ask. I was probably going to get in a lot of trouble for leaving campus after I just punched someone, but I don't really care. 

Dylan hadn't texted me, which meant he probably didn't know yet. Soon Junior's truck appears and we head off back towards his work. We don't talk, I just slienty cry and he lets me. He knows it has to be bad in order for him to have to come get me. 

When we pull up to the garage I get a notification, it's a text from Preston, and two from Dylan.