CHAPTER 17: Need Help Part I [✔]

WE got our second practice for today. The dance steps are getting harder and harder by the time, and I can’t help but to fall each and every time that Nathan and I are both practicing together with our classmates. I felt bothered, seeing Becca’s facial expression as we dance at the center of the wide court.

“Ms. Carter! Watch your steps!”

         Out of shock because of our instructor’s sudden scream, my feet slipped and I lost my balance. The bad thing about it is that I took Nathan with me. And instead of me falling on the ground, it was Nathan who hit his back pretty bad at the cold cement. I landed at the top of him... And accidentally, I kissed him... On the lips.

           Our eyes were both widen by the fact that our lips just crashed to each other. I instantly sat up, wiping the kiss away from my lips. Nathan still looked shock, laying down the floor. Out of worry, I helped him get up.

“I’m sorry, Nathan... I didn’t mean to hurt you...” I cried.

          I’m not worried about our kiss anymore. I was now worried by the fact that he hit his back pretty bad when we lost both of our balance earlier.

“I’m sorry...”

“I’m fine.”

         I looked up, surprised by seeing a goofy smile plastered upon his face like nothing bad just happened to him. His cheeks are also blushing.

“Nathan...”

“I’m fine, really. You don’t need to worry about me.”

         I nodded, and when I looked around the place, I realized that everyone is now watching us, including Freeda and Tyler... But most of all, Becca.

“The show is over, kids!” the instructor shouted. “Mr. Brooke, are you sure you’re alright?”

“Yeah, I guess so. I’m fine.”

“Let’s continue then.”

            The practice continues, and after we finished our dance routine, our squad decided to went to the Cafeteria to get some drinks, as usual.

“Are you sure you’re okay, Nat? Your back doesn’t hurt or anything?” Scott asked, massaging Nathan’s shoulder.

        He just chuckled before poking Scott’s belly.  We all laughed as he shrieked like an old woman because it tickles. Well, except Becca. She remained cold and stoic.

“You’re the only person I know who could still smile right after hitting your back pretty bad. Though, I wonder if it’s your back or your head...” Scott teased.

“Why? Do I look like I’m loosing my mind?”

“Yeah. Quit putting on that goofy smile in your face.”

           Scott made up some kissing sounds, making me blush as well as Nathan. I don’t want this to be awkward for the both of us, but Scott is really doing a great job in mocking Nathan and I.

“Natalia, you’re sweating pretty bad. You need to change your clothes or else you would be sick,” Becca suddenly stated.

“Yeah, Nat. You should change,” Nathan seconded her.

         I was surprised by the sudden concern that Becca is showing to me right now. I think something very suspicious is going to happen sooner or later. I can’t help but to think about it.

“But I don’t have any spare clothes...” I stated.

“I can lend you some,” Scott stated.