CHAPTER 26: The Confrontation [✔]

“WHOAH. You missed me that bad huh?”

“No, I’m worried...” I stated, my statement coming out muffled because I’m currently burying myself in his chest.

“Hey...” He gently caressed my hair before I felt him planting a kiss in my forehead... Wait, what? He kissed me?

            I looked up, seeing his face. He looked like he’s still in pain but he’s just trying to suppress or hide it from me.

“Are you sure you’re okay? You look so terrible...” I stated without any brakes, making him laughed.

“I’m fine. The nurse told me that they already called an ambulance for me.”

“What?! They are going to bring you to the hospital?!” I asked in shocked, before my tears started to stream down on my cheeks.

         Poor Nathan. I feel bad and sorry for him. I mean, I pity him for having to go through that traumatic place. I hate it. Every time that the nurses are giving me some shots, I’ll feel dizzy and will probably passed out. I hope Nathan is braver than me when it comes to those things. I don’t want him to suffer in that place. I swear Tyler will pay for doing this to my bestfriend.

“Hey, don’t cry...” He pulled me once again on his chest, embracing my trembling shoulders out of crying. “I’ll be fine, Nat. You don’t have to worry about me. The nurse suspected that this is just a sprain. They just wanted to make sure so they’re bringing me to the hospital later...” he explained.

“But what if it’s not just a sprain? I mean, you know I can’t go to the hospital... I wouldn’t be able to visit you soon...”

         He just chuckled at my response.

“You’re always making me laugh, Nat. I wouldn’t be confine. The doctors are just going to check me up. And hey, I’m the one who supposed to be crying right now.”

“I’m sorry... I just... I can’t help not to be worried about you. I don’t want to spend another week in here without you.”

“I know, I know. You wouldn’t be. I promise.”

           I smiled, before giving him an embraced once more. Before I could make another move, we both heard a high pitched voice coming over to our direction.

“Nathan?! Where are you?!”

         It was Becca, looking worried as she barged in the infirmary. The worried in her eyes suddenly subsides as soon as she saw Nathan and my position. She glared at me, her brows furrowed in anger and disbelief.

“Becca...” I stated, surprised.

          She shook her head, as tears started to form at the corners of her eyes. I wanted to explained to her that nothing is wrong about what she saw, but I couldn’t do it anymore for she already ran away, looking at us like we are traitors and we both just betrayed her.

“Becca, wait!” I shouted after her. She didn’t look back.

“Just let her be alone for a moment,” Nathan stated.

          I looked back to him, before nodding. I still wanted to asked him what is he feeling right now but the paramedics already arrived to take him away from me and bring him to the hospital. I wanted to follow them but I know that I couldn’t. I’m too traumatized by that place so I was left with no choice but to stay at school and wait for some updates about what happened to my bestfriend.

          I took a deep breath, before I decided to came back to court to see Scott. I don’t know but I got a feeling that Tyler will do something again to him and to any other members of their team. I was walking down the hallway towards the gymnasium when I saw them, probably the game has already came into an end.