[Edgar] Admiration in The Air

ミ★ Third person POV
ミ★ 2200+ words
ミ★ TW Stalker behavior
ミ★ Notes : I literally have not kept up with the game's lore or who's related to who so if any of this sounds inaccurate please be informative and correct me. Title idea by DoodlinFool <3 ty bro.

*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*

Edgar was a weird guy.

Seriously, he was bizarre.

He kept to himself at all times, he liked it that way, only becoming hostile when others approached him— managing to reach the point where other brawlers would avoid him like the plague. He thought it was better this way. People would just bring him drama, why even bother.

So when he first spotted her, why did everything have to come crashing down?

[F/n] [L/n], a spitting example of someone completely opposite to him. She was a social butterfly, loved by everyone. Popular amongst the brawlers, unsurprisingly, and her bubbly aura was sought by many. There was no single person immune to her charisma. Edgar was no exception.

He kept his eyes on her. At a distance of course.

As much as he wanted her, Edgar would never be able to simply approach her for a variety of reasons. For one, he desperately wanted to keep his reputation as is, and secondly, there was no way his confidence was built high enough to actually walk up to her. Instead watching afar in the confinements of his circle. Leaned against the wall, he does his best to hide the fact he's staring in her direction.

How. How does she do it? She stood alone, phone in hand, looking mindlessly at the screen. She looked like a princess waiting to be swept off her feet. He yearned to be that very person. The fabric around his neck scoots him closer in her direction.

His longing stare becomes an ugly grimace as Surge approached her.

Edgar grits his teeth, sighing irritably. What was he telling her? Whatever it was caused her to light up, a smile wide on her expression as a hand came back to rub the back of her neck. It was only when Surge flexed his metallic arms evocatively did he nearly blow a fuse.

The pinkish tint on her face explained it all. Edgar wished he was the one who had caused that, the one who made her flush. He wanted to be the one who impressed her. The one who made her nervous.

"Fuck..." He grumbled. Thoughts interrupted as a loud bell ring throughout the wind, showdown was nearing its begin.

When Edgar turned to take a final glance at [F/n], the lids on his eyes shot open. Surge had taken [F/n]'s hand, a kiss placed gently on her knuckles. He stared in complete disbelief. Eyes shakily narrowing at the scene. The tightness in his chest grew as a hand placed itself over it in a weak attempt to soothe himself. Surge walked off, expression smugger than normal, as he twirled to wave at her then back in the direction he was heading.

Edgar knew exactly who he was going after in showdown now.

★ ≖≖✿★ ≖≖✿★ ≖≖✿★ ≖≖ ★

Standing victor with no one around him to celebrate, Edgar blankly stared at the menu before him showcasing each brawlers' rank. His win didn't matter to him. The fact he had to face off with Leon did. Edgar half expected to see [F/n] as his final opponent, or Surge, yet he didn't spot either of them all round.