Chapter 18

By the time it was solstice I was exhausted. I did however get everything done and wrapped. I had given them to Rhys to put in the communal trove yesterday.

Early in the morning I winnowed to Ressina's apartment door and placed my gift for her on her doorstep, knowing she would still be asleep.

I then winnowed home and got ready. I put on the only dress I owned, it wasn't anything overly fancy, it was a pastel blue a-line gown that cinched at the waist. It was light which it what I liked and had a lace top, I really did love it.

I threw on a cloak over the top then looked around, making sure I didn't forget anything before winnowing to the manor, it was too cold to walk

I knocked on the door and waited.

Feyre opened it, smiling.

"Morning Feyre, Happy Birthday" I said, stepping over the threshold to give her a hug.

"Morning Fay, thank you, I'm afraid some of them are still asleep after drinking too much, the likely hood of seeing Mor before sundown is slim." She said, taking my cloak and leading me into the dining room.

"What about the boys?" I asked.

"Ah, they have gone to the mountains." She replied, giving me a chocolate filled pastry.

"Do I want to know why?" I asked.

"I'll show you once you've eaten," she replied.

I ate as quickly as I could, my curiosity rising.

She held out her hand, so I took it. She winnowed us to the mountains, and I was immediately frozen, even though we were stood right next to a cabin.

"Are those snow forts? I asked, staring over the snow covered fields.

"Yep," she replied, grinning.

I was about to reply but a dark head popped up and threw two snowballs, a second later two curses rang out.

"They are having a snowball fight?" I asked, choking back my laugh.

"That they are, have done since they were kids apparently," She laughed.

"They are five hundred!" I exclaimed.

"That is very true." She said shaking her head.

"Is it bad that I am really tempted to magic three snowballs onto of their heads and drop them?" I asked.

"Not really, but let's not interrupt their manly fun," she said with a laugh.

She led me inside the cabin and the kettle was already boiling.

"I noticed that you weren't the biggest fan of alcohol the last time you tried some, so I figured you would appreciate tea," she said, going to brew some.