13

"If the world is going to end, please make it today

"If the world is going to end, please make it today."

Donghyuck sighed and hit his friend's shoulder. "Who died and made you a professional complainer?"

Chenle sweater-pawed himself. He lifted his arms and watched the cuffs of the jumper flop over. This was his new source of enjoyment as of right now, as none could be found in P.E class. It never could. "Today's the day, Hyuck. Do you think you'd be able to pull a sickie? I may or may not have a water bottle on me right now, and if you could just swallow some water the wrong way and have a coughing fit-"

"No, Le. You know that I enjoy exercising."

"Right, so then maybe I can swallow the water-"

"Or you could actually keep me company for once. And plus, since Jisung started hanging out with us, his own alpha friends have been distant from him. Well, excluding Jeno and Jaemin, apparently. Keep him company as well."

Chenle made eye contact with the alpha, who was standing a little ways away. A sigh escaped his lips like he was in pain but he obeyed his friend and put his hands securely on his hips. "Jisung, woe is not you. Don't act like an outsider." The tall boy came over in confusion, reading between the lines that he was being told to hang out with them instead of being on his own. "I am the one drowning in woe right now."

"Is he okay?" Jisung whispered to Donghyuck while the two of them watched the omega contemplate choking on water, which was in a bottle in his hand, or actually attend the P.E class.

"He hates exercise. It's ironic since he literally works a job that involves him being on his feet all night."

"...He works?"

Donghyuck nodded. "Isn't that right, Le?"

The Chinese boy looked up at them, mouth open with the water bottle tilting towards it. "Huh?"

"You work."

"Oh, yeah. I should send you the address sometime, Jisung, and then both of you and Mark can visit me."

Jisung nodded. It sounded like it would be a nice getaway from homework one night. Although, he wasn't quite sure where the omega worked. It probably wouldn't be anywhere scandalous anyway, if Donghyuck sometimes visited him.

"The cliché is real right now."

"I can't disagree with you there." Finally, Donghyuck was on Chenle's team during a physical education class. And it was all because Mr. Lee instructed them to play dodgeball. And he was on Chenle's side because the alphas and non-alphas had been divided evenly to make it a fair game. Half and half, and coincidentally, Mark and Jisung were both on the opposite team. What were the odds?

"I can't throw very far, so I'll focus on catching them. I won't let them hit you," he assured his friend.

Donghyuck gave him the thumbs-up. "And I'll make sure to throw the balls you catch at whoever was aiming at us."