ꕥ Proposition ꕥ

Meeting the nobles of his neighbouring country was less than fun, Nicholas was sitting in the audience room with his aides, the emperor of Obelia and other representatives of other countries. All discussing trivial (in his opinion) politics, idiotic suggestions and unimportant nonsense.

Nicholas had half a mind to yawn, slouch or show any indication of him not paying attention to the meeting but he knew that Kailyn would report to his wife and what would be waiting for him wouldn't be a smiling empress but one who's ready to talk until his ear fell off.

Yuliana,, Nicholas smiled at the thought of his wife. Beautiful, sweet, kind, generous.. God how happy he was, although god totally fucked his past life over- Regardless, as the years went by in his second life, Nicholas quickly forgot about the past and focused on his interest. Which was at the time, magic and the throne.

Stephen tapped his emperor's shoulder secretly, passing a small note to him. Kailyn shook her head, these two had been friends since childhood so although they kept their professional stance, they were- at heart- two idiots.

Kailyn was Yuliana's lady in waiting, her best friend in fact. When she was suddenly given the chance to become the emperor's left hand and the empress' lady in waiting, she was happy, to say the least. Not only did she get to aide her friend, she had a beautiful salary which, although she won't admit, was her favourite part.

Returning back to the present, Claude De Alger Obelia stood up and his icy glare forced his obelian nobles to back down. Clearly, he was also not impressed with their ideas, what a bunch of power hungry dogs.

As the blond emperor concluded the meeting, Nicholas was the first to stand up and made his way out. Truly a man who lives in the present, he ignored the stares and whispers of nobles who were too scared to leave until Claude had left.

And yet there he went, Nicholas Von Odin Augusten, the systematic man who had no fear other than his wife and children possibly hating him. Speaking of his children, a certain little girl popped into his mind, Nicholas stopped in his tracks and pondered for a bit.

'Certainly,, it wouldn't hurt to see her a bit since envoys do stay for a few days'

As if he had already made up his mind, once again, this very responsible, grown adult, had purposely lost his aides and disappeared using his magic. Appearing at the very garden that he had seen the abandoned child at, he saw a young brown haired lady giggling with the small child.

'Lilian York'

One of the few trust worthy people in this empire. Lilian saw the man appear out of no where and immediately went in a stance that prioritized the safety of the small child. Her hands wrapped around Athanasia's small body as she faced her back towards the man.

"Who are you-" "Mr. Pixie!!"

Athy, although petite and weak, had managed to slip away from Lily's embrace and ran towards the man. He was beautiful, very beautiful.. more reason to be wary of him, Lily thought. She stood and tried to protect Athy but the little princess hugged Nicholas' leg.

"Hello there little gem"

He said patting her head, the small act of paternal warmth made Athy lit up, she was so happy since the large hand on her head felt so warm. Would this be how it felt when her father pats her head, she pondered smiling brightly at the tall man who was crouched down to match her height.

Lily, by the time she had realized that he wasn't a threat, had approached them and bowed her head. Her thoughts were now clear as she wasn't blinded with the adrenaline to keep Athy safe. From pure observation, she could tell he was an important figure, a shiny emblem that represented the Augusten Empire, a noble aura and a powerful appearance.

She concluded that he was most likely a representative, a noble of the Augusten Empire.

"I greet the representative of the Augusten Empire, I am Lilian York. Princess Athanasia De Alger Obelia's nanny and head maid"

Nicholas smiled and told her that it was fine, he dropped by unannounced to greet Athy anyways. Athy stood up abruptly "Athy has something for Mr. Pixie!" she declared as she ran off with her stubby child legs.

Both adults awed at the sight, secretly agreeing that they were now an alliance to protect the small bundle of joy. "Ms. York, may I have a moment to discuss something?" He suddenly said in a slightly serious tone, Lilian stood straight as she nodded.

"If by chance, I could provide Athanasia with the love and care she deserves, may you follow to become her main companion"

It was,, surprising and out of the blue. He skipped the pleasantries and spoke the main point. Lilian stood guard, she hadn't known him for long but from the observations of him treating Athy as his own. He was more of a father than the one who had refused to visit the child.

Lilian looked around for a bit before her pressed lips opened "I made a promise to my lady that I would protect the princess until the day I die, I will run through the thorny path of hell so she can walk. If you plan on taking her, I will force my way to be with her"

Her tone was serious, dead serious as she stared at him with slightly cold eyes. Nicholas shivered and laughed awkwardly "I don't intend to take her by force, It's a mere proposition, I don't want her to end up hurt by her father's neglect" he spoke grabbing a little rose, using magic to preserve it and make it shine.

"I merely stated that as a heads up, please take care of the princess.. Although I know you would, even without me asking to" he gave her a heartfelt smile, one that seemed sincere and kind. Nicholas.. No, Yoo-Ryung knew that the novel's story didn't give Athy a happy ending. 

Even though when he first woke up here, he wished to ignore Obelia's internal affairs but once he had his sons, he suddenly remember the abandoned princess and wished for her happiness. She didn't deserve the mistreatment of his cursed father.

Funny enough, he hadn't known that Claude used black magic from the novel. It was never properly explained why Jennette's existence was like poison to Claude during the novel's aftermath but one thing was for sure, with his sensitivity with magic, noticing such an ominous and chilling power was shiver inducing.

...

Two days had passed and the international agreement had finally been finalized, Nicholas looked tired as he was constantly debating and refuting old nobles, he wanted to return to his empire fast. Throughout the two days of stay, he had gifted Athanasia gifts, warmth and care, he gave her a small mana stone that would protect her.

His last gift was a communication gem that was left in Lilian's care, just a precaution to make sure it wouldn't break. Little children have quite the slippery fingers, he would know- he has two bumbles of joy back in Agusten.

Speaking of his boys, today was the day he was going back. Kailyn and Stephen were tired, mostly from having to chase the most powerful man in their empire around like a game of cat and mouse. Truly something worth seeing.