ꕥ Deserves the best ꕥ

Athanasia looked at the happy family eating whilst chatting merrily with a smile, she felt her eyes watering but wasn't sure why. Yuliana noticed the little princess' silence and picked up a small piece of strawberry cake with her fork, motioning for Athy to open up.

Athy looked at the fork in front of her and gently ate the piece, the piece itself was small but it somehow filled Athy's cheeks enough for her to look like a baby squirrel. Yuliana stopped for a moment and moved her plate in front of Athy so now she had her full attention on the little girl.

Nicholas noticed the interaction and laughed, the twins were a little jealous but shrugged it off as they scarfed down their meals, today was a school holiday so they weren't in the academy but since they'd have to go back tomorrow, they were determined to make the most of today.

Athanasia looked up and grinned, her cheeks had small crumbs that Yuliana lovingly wiped, kissing her forehead afterwards. The family finished their meal and before the emperor and the empress could stand up, breaking etiquette, the twins got up and swept their little sister away.

"Let's go see the new play house for Athy!"

Nicasio exclaimed, Athy on his shoulders as he ran through the palace garden, Sigmund casting magic on his feet to slide along, keeping up with them as he crossed his arms. Athanasia giggled along the journey, feeling the fresh breeze and the smell of flowers gently passing her nose.

Athanasia had closed her eyes as the wind was a bit too fast and by the time she felt movement stop, she opened her eyes to see an enchanting wooden cabin behind a picket fence, the exterior was furnished with flowers, decorations and small hung up lights. Not to mention the tree right next to the cabin had a swing set that was covered in flowers.

A small place all for her, hidden in the vast garden so no one could harm her and it was magical enough for her to easily navigate back to the main palace. It was a true gift from the gods, she thought.

Athy felt drawn in to the small house that was big enough to fit her brothers and yet, cozy enough that it felt just for her. Almost entranced, she opened the cute periwinkle coloured door, seeing the interior that was filled with paper, pencils, a canvas, flower pots, and other pastel painted furniture. It had a small mini kitchen, living room and if you head to the back where you'll find two doors, one leading to a bathroom and a pair of stairs.

Athy looked behind her to see her brothers urging her to explore, they waved and stayed outside, just sitting and talking about their assignments. Athanasia took a small gulp and climbed the white spiral stairs to see a fairy tale like room, although her room inside the palace was luxurious and deserving of a princess.

This room felt more special, as if everything was perfectly crafted for her liking, the large stuffed animals, the bookshelf full of fairy tales books and an abundance of other toys. Athy was amazed, she already thought her room in the palace had all the toys in the world but here she was, surrounded by more! immediately smiling, she jumped onto the comfortable bed that had big stuffed toys hugging her.

Looking out the window, she got up and ran towards it, it had a ledge where you could sit on or even sleep, opening the door she saw Nicasio climbing a ladder on a tree and sitting on a brance right in front of her. 

"Do you like your new playhouse sis?"

Sis.. ? 

The word that held such warmth felt so foreign yet,, so comfortable. Athanasia aggresively nodded her head and leaned out the window, holding onto the frame "It's amaching!!" she said accidentally making a pronunciation mistake.

Sigmund lifted himself up onto the branch and smiled "that's good, it was made all for you after all! I'm glad you love it" he said holding his arms out, Athy looked at them and felt her heart ache for a moment. She hadn't been here officially for long but she's already reminded of all the loving moments she shared with them throughout her younger years.