𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐫

Deena, Josh, Simon and I burst through the bathroom door to find C. Berman standing above Sam with a knife.

She spins around when she hears the door open. "Oh, Jesus Christ!" She yells. "Look at her! I told you it wouldn't work! There's no ending it."

"Actually, there's something you should know," Simon tells the woman, who slowly puts down her knife. 

"What is it?" She asks. 

Deena explains to her what she just explained to us. 

Goode is evil.

"We need to kill him," Deena says. "This is how we save Sam, how we save Shadyside. We can't kill the devil so we have to kill him."

The woman looks destroyed, like she's having an internal battle with herself. I feel bad for her, she really loved him- maybe she still does. 

"We need to kill Nick Goode," Deena finishes.

"But..." The woman looks nervous. "What?" Simon asks, being impatient per usual. 

"I called him."

"You what?!" I yell.

"I thought he could help," She explains. 

"We're so fucked!" Simon yells. "Shut up, Si!" I yell back at him. "We need to go. Now!" Deena says, untying Sam. 

Sam jumps on top of her and starts choking her. I look around, trying to find an object to hit her with but get interrupted when C. Bernam does it for me.

"I wanted to do that all day."

I let out a dry laugh and pull Simon towards me so I can whisper in his ear. "You were right about this being very dark."

He turns to face me, a smirk on his face. "Did I just hear the words 'you were right' actually come out of your mouth?" He asks me. 

"Stop flirting and help us lug Sam outside!" Deena yells, dragging Sam's lifeless body across the floor. Simon takes Sam from Deena and hoists her over his shoulder, walking to the car.

"Well, that was easy."

We all get in the cop car, Simon, C. Berman and I squished in the back while Josh and Deena sit up front.

Oh, and Sam in the trunk.

"Should be up here on the right," Josh says, after we've been driving for a few minutes. "Are we sure about this?" The redhead asks.

"Definitely," Josh responds, as we pull up to the house.

The man we're here to see is already sitting outside, and once we pull up, he stands up and puts his hands on his head.

"Yo, you gotta be kidding me," He says. "I wasn't doing nothing. Minding my business."

"Hey!" I yell as I roll the window down. 

The man squints his eyes and slowly takes his hands off his head. 

"Whatchu' doing in the back of a police car, little white girl?" 

I roll my eyes as Simon laughs and as Josh yells at him. "Wanna help us kill Sheriff Goode?" Josh asks.

He ponders the question for a moment.

"Let me get my coat."