Chapter 1: The Hellespont

Conquering His Empire

-Alexander's P.O.V-

Today was the day I would never forget. It was the day I would first lay eyes on the sexy ruler of Persia. Did I say sexy? I meant severe, the very severe and harsh king: Darius.

It had not been long since my Macedonians and I had crossed the Hellespont into Persia. The very air here was different- unworthy of our presence. I climbed onto a sun-baked rock to survey the surroundings. Sand. Sand. More sand. You couldn't tell what was the beach and what was Persia.

"Alexander. We are prepared to move out." Parmenio, an old but wise and valued companion said.

I nodded as my hair blew in the wind. I stepped down from the stone I was perched on and turned to face my soldiers, standing in line on the beach awaiting my command. I gave a gallant smile and called my for horse: Bucey-Boo. I mean Bucephalas. When the black stallion rode up I greeted him with a pat on the head. Bucephalas and I had been partners for years. My great father Philip II couldn't tame him, but I showed him what a horse he was losing!- through lack of skill and patience! Bucephalas is afraid of his shadow. One mustn't blame him though. Any ordinary man would tremble at the sight of his majestic shadow!

Enough about Bucephalas though- back to me. After climbing onto his back I shouted to the noble Greeks who came here with me. "Onwards! We will penetrate Darius right in his castle! I- I mean we will penetrate him through the chest with a sarrisa!"

The Macedonians gave a mighty roar and the true campaign through Persia finally begun.

-Darius' P.O.V-

'Alexander the Great...' That name was continuously thrown around my head like a game of tennis. It was all I could think about.

"Your excellency."

I looked up to see one of my officers, Memnon, bowing.

"What is it?" I snapped. "And remember what I told you to say."

"Yes, your excellesexy..." Memnon grunted. "It appears just as the scouts said. King Alexander is not coming here to Babylon, but is making his way along the west coast of your empire. I suggest we burn the surrounding villages to halt any plans of re-supplying and hinder his progress." Memnon proposed with a sparkle in his eyes. This strategy was brilliant. It was without flaw. It was sure to get him noticed by Darius-Senpai. He knew it would wor-

"What." I glared at him. "Are you a fool? You'd burn Persian cities to stop a pathetic little worm from Macedon!?"

Memnon didn't let it show on his face, but his heart was crushed. 'How could Darius-Senpai say something like that?' He knew that arguing back was a death wish. And being dead would mean less time to admire Darius-Senpai. "I- I apologise your highnexcellent. Your fanterrific. Your 50 shades of greatness! P... Please have mercy on me..." Memnon fell to his knees and let his tears fall onto the marbled floor of my fabulous palace.

"I will not kill you Memnon..." I muttered using a tone of revolt. "You have been loyal to me. I would like you to prove that loyalty now by going to face this invader on my land at the river Granicus."

Memnon looked up at me immediately. His eyes glistened with moisture. "Yes, your marvelicous!" He stood up and bowed, then turned and walked to the door of my throne room. He took one last look at me and smiled. "I will be victorious." He whispered before he left.

-Hephaestion's P.O.V-

I was immensely excited for the campaign through Persia. It meant spending more time with 'Xander-Chan-San-Kun. We've been together since childhood. I am the pillar to his temple. The Greatness to his 'Xander-Chan-San-Kun. The Patroclus to his Achilles! I've been with 'Xander-Chan-San-Kun forever! And I will stay with him forever! Sadly 'Xander-Chan-San-Kun hasn't noticed me yet. I was somewhere in the middle of the march. Whereas Senpai was leading the march like the hero he was! When we stopped to rest I'd be sure to run right up to Senpai and give him a huge hug!

"Hephaestion, you're lagging behind." Cleitus The Black told me.

Don't even get me started on Cleitus-Senpai. "Yes sir!" I agree and do a short run to catch up to Cleitus-Senpai. He smiles at me and faces the front again. He smiled at me! I recompose myself quietly. Cleitus The Black-Senpai is a strong soldier of Macedonia. His name comes from the lush lock of dark hair that crowns his head. He is a true Senpai. All of the companions are! There was 'Xander-Chan-San-Kun obviously, Cleitus The Black-Senpai, Parmenio-Sensei and his son, Philotas, and me! We are all very close- especially since we're in the Companion Cavalry together. It's a special unit assigned to 'Xander-Chan-San-Kun and he even commands us! I could tell I was going to enjoy this trip.

-A/N-

Hey guys! So what do you think so far? I'm really enjoying writing this book and I hope you are enjoying it as much as I am! The good stuff's coming up so please keep on reading, comment and vote! Thanks!

-Xoxo, Arrian