4. The Plane Ride

Y/n's pov:

I woke up to Peter shaking me.

"Come on! Get up! The plane leaves in 2 hours! And we gotta leave here in an hour so get up!", he yelled shaking me a bit to much.

"Alright alright, calm it down man", i said pushing him away from me, "i'm up, see?" i said with a fake smile plastered on my face. He rolled his eyes and left my room.

I got up and began to pack my bags, i only had a total of 2 bags which is pretty good. One of which was my hockey bag and the other was my clothes bag.

After i doubled checked my bags i then just changed into some gray sweatpants with a cropped sweatshirt, since we'd be on the plane for a while.

Oh right! We're going to cali for our first game as team USA. Pretty nerve racking if you ask me, but also pretty exciting.

I grabbed my bags and ran down stairs.

"Excited for the flight?", i asked them both as i sat down at the table. Bombay was actually making us breakfast this morning.

"Well i've never been on a plane before so no. Not really.", my brother said looking over to me.

"Oh yeah hopefully nothing bad will happen on the way over there.", Bombay said sitting the pancakes on the table and taking a seat, "have you two seen Final destination?"

My brothers eyes went wide as he looked up from his plate, over to bombay, and then back to me. Bombay sat there with a smile on his face. Little bitch.

"Oh shut up", i said brushing it off. Peter was already terrified as it was, let alone with Bombay going on about Final Destination.

"I'm kidding!", was all he said before chuckling a bit more before starting to eat.

After a little more talking we were finished. We cleaned up, got our stuff, headed down to the car, and then made our way to the airport.

After a somewhat long drive we arrived at the airport. We were the first of the team there at our meeting spot. But after a few minutes Dwayne came in, right on time of course.

"Howdy!", he yelled walking towards us with his bags in his hands. We all welcomed him as he came to sit next to my brother.

After about 10 minutes the whole team was there, well except for Averman. Where was he? I couldn't tell you.

The plane had 20 minutes till takeoff and we had all already went threw the medal detectors and our bags were now on the plane, but still no averman.

I was beginning to worry in thoughts he wouldn't make it in time, and i could see that the rest of the team were thinking the same thing.

"Were is he?", coach asked to no one in particular.

"I don't know, he's never this late though", Connie said next to me.

"Well he better hurry or he'll miss the plane", Coach continued starting to look around.

"Flight 34 to Los Angeles, California will be leaving in 10 minutes. If not already please board the plane.", the intercom boomed making all of us look at one another.

"Shit", i said under my breath now really scared he wasn't gonna make it.

"All right let's go ducks, hopefully averman will make it in the next 5 minutes.", Coach said starting to herd us all towards the entrance.

As we all began to enter i stayed in the back hoping i'd see Averman before we had actually got on. But by the time i had gotten on the plane their was still no sign. He had less than 5 minutes now.

As we all sat down i kept a seat open next to me in hopes he'd come walking in the plane right on time. Charlie had tired to sit in it but my brother shoved him away, guess he don't like him to much.

But good thing he did that because right as i started to turn around to ask Charlie if he was alright  i heard loud footsteps towards the front of the plane.

And there he was, a sweaty mess. We all sighed in relief.

"I made it!", he yelled with a big smile on his face.

"Jesus kid! We thought you weren't gonna make it", Coach yelled as Averman made his way to the back. I motioned for him to sit beside me.

"Sorry i'm a bit late, my alarm didn't go off.", was all he said before he plopped down next to me.

"Your alarm?", i said giggling at him.

He lazily turned his face to face me, with a tired smile on his face and sweat still dripping from where he had been running. Getting a good look at him i noticed his glasses were extremely dirty, this causing me to snicker.

"What?", he asked confused still looking me in the eyes.

I smiled and reached up with both my hands to carefully take his glasses off, i pulled out a tissue from the seat in front of us and cleaned them. I then leaned back over to put them back onto his face.

"They were dirty", i said with a small smile on my face. All he did was look at me, almost in awe. He stayed like that for about a solid minute, his eyes moving from my eyes, to my lips, and then back to my eyes.

I could feel my face heat up just from him looking me. Eye contact is not my strongest point. Like, at all.

Thank god the Pilot began talking over the intercom, breaking Averman out of his somewhat trance. We were about to take off.

I glanced over to Averman to see him looking around at the interior of the airplane and then over to me, i looked away as fast as i could trying to make it as though i wasn't just staring at him.

"Thanks", he said catching my attention, "i've been meaning to clean them".

"No problem", i said as i smiled at him, earning one back.

"So, i um- i brought movies. I read somewhere that these planes they have little tvs.", he said pointing to the tv in the back of the seat in front of us.

"Nice, what'd you bring?", i asked scooting closer to him as he pulled out a few movies.

"You can pick", he said glancing over at me.

"Ah well of course i've gotta go with Frankenweenie", i said pulling it out of his hands and smiling over at him.

"I knew you'd pick good", he said smiling back at me.

He put the movie in and got out his headphones... I didn't bring any headphones. Shit.

"Shit. I didn't bring my headphones", i said checking my pockets just to make sure.

"Oh, here don't worry about it", he said holding up one of the earbuds, "we can share if you want".

I smiled taking the earbud, "thanks lester" i said putting the earbud in.

"Of course my lady", he said trying to wink but failing miserably making me laugh.

He had started the movie. We did have to scoot closer towards each other so that the earbuds would stay in our ears but i didn't mind. Not one bit.

Towards the middle of the movie i felt my eye lids start to droop, i could barely stay awake.

Avermans pov:

I glance over to see y/n struggling to keep her head up, i scooted a little closer to her.

"You can use my shoulder if you want", i said giving her a soft smile in which she returned and then lightly layed her head onto my shoulder.

Don't breathe. Don't move. Don't mess this up. Just watch the movie. She's not even there. Yes she is. Don't move. Don't wake her up.

A/N: hey shawtys sorry i haven't posted sooner i've been pretty busy. Anyways hope you guys enjoy this chapter !