9. The Aftermath

A/n: This one's pretty long to make up for me not updating <3

Y/n's pov:

I walked back to my dorm, my face absolutely burning. It felt as though I had a sunburn.

We were so close to kissing, but of course the boys had to ruin it. Although, I can't lie about how I was pretty relieved that I wouldn't have to tell people my first kiss was in a bathroom.

I did leave him standing there, shock practically written on his face, whenever I gave him a kiss to the check. I was just as shocked as he was honestly, I don't know what had gotten into me- but I'd be lying if I said I had regretted it.

~Time Skip~

I opened the bathroom door to revel Julie and Connie putting their shoes on.

"Come on Y/n, I'm hungry!", Julie said not even a split second after I had opened the door.

I had just finished getting ready, the only thing left was to put my shoes and jacket on. Bombay said he'd like for us to at least wear something repressing where we were from and i'm more of a jacket/hoodie type of person.

Me and the girls finished getting ready and walked out our dorm with our arms interlocked, Julie and Connie on either side of me. Though this was quickly interrupted by two tall boys that we recognized almost immediately.

"Morning ladies", Fulton said with a big smile. I've always liked his smile, and his nose. I'm not sure why but they've always stuck out to me.

I sent him a big smile back as he squeezed himself between me and Connie, interlocking his arms with ours. Dean on the other hand, didn't even try. All he did was throw his arms around me and Julie's necks as he smiled sleepily to us.

"Hey!", we all turned our heads to see who had yelled it. But I already knew from the accent.

Dwayne came running up to us and once caught up he walked with us to breakfast.

"Y'all sleep alright?", he asked fixing his hat a bit as he smiled.

"Oh yeah- I've never sept better", Fulton said smirking at Dean.

"Oh yeah, the music was so very peaceful. Don't you think Dwayne?", Dean said glancing over his shoulder to Dwayne who had some eye bags.

"Oh! That was y'all?", Dwayne said his eyes growing, "Well, Id sleep a little better if yall turned it down just a bit. Thin walls ya know?", he said chuckling a bit.

Dean just laughed, causing Fulton to join. Dwayne looked clueless.

"Come on you guys- we all need to be well rested for the games. Just turn the music down", Connie said disconnecting her arm from Fulton's.

"Yeah I think I heard it a bit last night when I went to the bathroom", Julie said making my cheeks heat up from the memories of last night, "I cant believe we have to walk that far to use the bathrooms!", she continued.

"Oh! Is that where you were last night Y/n? I got up to get me some water and you were gone", Connie said looking over my way as we all continued our way down to the breakfast room.

Dean looked over to me with an eyebrow raised along with a smirk. Did he know? There's no way? How would he know? Wait. Why am I feeling guilty? I did nothing wrong. God- get a grip Y/n.

"Yeah, I saw Averman on the way down there. Kenny and them did the old Whip Cream prank on him", I said laughing at the memory hoping to hide the nervousness in my voice.

"Did you help him clean up?", Dean said with a wink as we turned the corner to the breakfast room. Thank god. An excuse to get away from him.

We all walked to the table to where the rest of the team were sitting, except for coach of course. I searched for a moment but then I found his eyes. He was already looking at me. He patted the seat next to him so I went over and sat beside him.