15 :: Government Protocols

BYEOL stared at Miso for a good five seconds

"Wait what -"

"Your reaction was quite expected. Everyone does that at first. Do you see this blindfold? I am actually blind."

"Why didn't you get a surgery?"

"I don't want to get my eyes back just for seeing how worse the world has gotten over this years. My visions are a headache itself. Maybe I would lose my powers of I get my eyes reinstated."

"Are you serious?Are you a shaman or scammer?"

Miso chortled loudly causing the others to look back. She motioned at them to continue walking. She turned her face towards Byeol and grabbed her by the chin.

"I don't like it when people call me a scammer. Watch your words." She hissed into her ears causing a shiver to run down her spine. Miso jerked her chin away harshly as her lips curved into a sadistic grin. She fastened her pace and caught up with Jae eon leaving Byeol and Beomgyu at the back.

"Why did she change her behaviour that fast? Did I say something that offending?" wondered Byeol as she unconsciously rubbed on her chin to ease the lingering touch of Miso.

Beomgyu had gone all quiet. His usual cheery self seemed as if it had disappeared into fine dust. He was way too lost in his thoughts to notice what had happened beside him. His back pained and he had no idea of how he turned out to be like that. Ryan was being a subject of his concern too. He had not shown the snaps he had taken to Byeol in order to prove his point. He wondered if he was making a mistake by joining his group. But it was better than starvation.

"Gyu... Are you alright? Everything looks so unrealistic all of a sudden."

"I don't know Byeol... I feel so drained out. Why would wings come out of my back? I am a simple human being for heaven's sake!"

"I don't think that's the case any more. You are probably a part of the huge problem that has been discovered. Or this might be another side effect of coming from the past. I can't believe that I got to see almost every ridiculous scenario within six months. Time travel, apocalypse and now there's you turning into an unknown creature." sighed Byeol as she massaged her temple to calm herself down.