Chapter 1: The Storm Before The Hurricane

Hi - normal speech

Hi - Pokemon speech / Moves

Hi - Thought

Hi - Call or unknown

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a redo of the Finals after the Team Flare incident

(No P.O.V)

 "Greninja is unable to battle, this means Charizard win. So the victor of the league is Alain!" the referee stated.

As the crowd roars with celebration, Ash picks up Greninja saying, "Good job. You did your best!"

Greninja replied with sorrow saying, "I failed you master. I cost you the title"

As Greninja said this he started to remember all the losses in the leagues. But puts it away saying, "Greninja, it's not your fault. You went past your limit" To this the Ninja Pokemon slowly nodded. "We can win next time, but right now you need rest." Ash says as he returns his Pokemon into his ball.

"Ash and Greninja lost!" said Bonnie with sorrow, but Serena and Clement saw this coming.

Then, Ash sees Alain walking up to his offering a hand shake. "That was the best battle I've ever have in my life" Alain said as Ash accepted the hand shake. "I hope we can battle again someday" 

"If we do, you know I'm ready" Ash replied. Then everyone left the stadium after the ceremony.

(Ash P.O.V)

As I was walking to my hotel room, I started remembering all the losses I had:

Charizard disobeying me against Richie causing me to be disqualified in the fifth round.

When Charizard finally did obeyed me, he was defeated by Harrison's Blaziken.

Pikachu being defeated by Tyson's Meowth.

My whole team getting annihilated by Tobias' Darkrai and Latios.

Me losing to Cameron's Lucario and his team of 5.

And now losing to Alain.

"Maybe I should stop competing" I thought. But then I fell something nuzzling me. I look over to my right and see my buddy Pikachu looking at me with concern.

"Buddy, are you ok? You seem devastated." Pikachu said. I was able to understand him because of my aura.

"I'm okay Pikachu. It's no big deal." I responded with a fake smile

Then, when we arrived at the room, Serena quickly put her phone away in shock and Clemont were glaring daggers at me as well as her. I was a bit shocked but then Bonnie came out the room she was sleeping in, then saw me. She looked at me and said, "You did really well, you and your Pokemon in the battle." Then she looked at Clemont and Serena, "Aren't you going to congratulate him for being second place or even being in the finals?"

Clemont said with enough hate that only I could hear, "Congratulation Ash. You should have won honestly." Serena nodded. "Thanks guys. Well, I'm going to hit the hay because I'm beat" I yawned.

As I walk away I slightly heard from Serena and Clemont, "Why did...? His...we should...!" "I agree"

I heard this and didn't think anything of it, changed to my pyjamas and laid on bed with Pikachu right beside me.