Chapter 9: The Next Day

Hi - normal speech

Bonjour - Pokemon speech / Moves

Aloha - Thought

Ciao - Call or unknown

You dummy! - Aura Communication

WARNING: None 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Leo P.O.V) Time: 6:00 (School starts at 9)

"Hey, Uncle Moon. How do we wake up Dad?"

"I have an idea, Puppo use Flamthrower. But use it like an Ember."

"Are you sure? Dad might get mad. He might drop me off the team."

"He would never do that. I will make sure that never happens."

"W-wut, with all dis- AHHHHHHHHHH" Yep, I woke up with a fire on my face. Moonlight put the fire out immediately by slapping me with Iron Tail. I glare at the two pokemon on top of me. "Who's. Idea. Was. This?"

"It was Puppo!" "Uncle!! How could you!!" "Dude, your dad is terrifying. Don't blame me!"

"Puppo....." I say in the dad voice I have. "Y-yes, Dad?" Puppo asks with absolute  "Did you do this?" I ask. "Yes, dad." Puppo says looking down in shame. Well, now is the perfect for our talk. "Moonlight, take the Pokeballs with the team in them and wait outside of my room. I need to have a talk with Puppo." I say. "B-but Leo-" "NOW" "o-ok."

After my best buddy left with the Pokeballs, I stared at Puppo. "Puppo?" "Y-yes, dad?" "Why exactly did you use fire to wake me up?" "Dad, it wasn't my fault. Uncle Moonlight told me to do it."

I sigh, "Remember when I said we are having a talk? We're gonna do it right now." Puppo looks up as I continue. "I was disappointed yesterday when you broke out of you pokeball without my permission. I didn't want you to battle yet. Not to mention the fact that you yelled at me." Puppo said, "Well Dad I-" I interrupted him. "Zip it, the adult it talking. Did you know how scared I was? When you wanted to fight the people I never wanted you to fight in the first place. Thank goodness you won your fight, but I was terrified when you barely dodged an attack that could knock you out. You are 3 years old. You don't have the experience nor durability like your uncle, aunts and siblings. If you had an injury or god-forbid you, ya know, I would never forgive myself. *sigh* Do you understand kid?" I look at Puppo and I see tears in his eyes.

"I'm so sorry Dad. *sniff* I-I should not have broke out of the Pokeball, I should not have even *sniff* came here, and-and-" I bring Puppo into a hug as he breaks down in tears. I feel like a father comforting his son. "Shh, shhh. It's ok, son. You are young,  you didn't know. But, next time, please listen to me when I tell you something." I say with a soothing voice.

"Dad?" "Yeah, kid?" "Did you call me son?" I was shocked at myself, but I felt it was right. "Yes, I've never been considering you as my child. But you are, therefore you are my son." Puppo hugged me tighter saying, "I love you, Dad!"I smile, "I love you too, my son." We stayed silent for a couple minutes, until Puppo asked, "Dad, do you remember the place where the momma pokemon sang to the baby pokemon?" Wait, I'm getting a sense of déjà vu "Of course, I do."

"Can you sing to me like that?" Puppo asked. At that moment, I was reminded of Lana when we were younger. 

[FlashBack Leo P.O.V]