fake friends .04

sam was in her locker, talking to her friends. "what if i just ask the teacher to do the project by myself?"

"seriously? you? making your own project? come on, sam. everyone knows you'd not be able to do that. that'd probably take centuries to finish." nathan said, laughing as the others laughed as well.

sam looked down and stayed silent the whole time.

sam stormed out to the back of the school and sat on the ground.

"fraser? what are you doing here?" a voice secretly said.

sam looked behind her shoulder to see deena behind her then looked back down. "i have a name, you know?"

"right. samantha." deena joked, making the blonde girl laugh a little.

deena sat down beside her, fiddling with her hands. "so.. what exactly are you doing here?"

"i'm feeling a bit down i guess." sam said with a soft sigh.

"oh? why is that?" deena asked.

"just my friends. they made fun of me and that got me upset i guess. i don't know. maybe i'm just dramatic." sam said with a shrug.

"they're fake friends." deena blurted out, making the blonde girl look at her. a little too close so she scooted away a bit.

"you know? you deserve better than them." deena said, smiling.

"really?"

"yeah! i mean, you can be a pain in the ass a lot but that's alright."

"wow, that was a good 5 seconds of deena johnson being kind to me." sam said.

"that's just one time. i'll still be an ass to you, don't worry."

"at least you know you're an ass."

deena scoffed, shaking her head. "i'm offended."

sam nudged deena's arm a bit with a smile. "you said it yourself, not me."

"fair enough."

sam looked back at deena and inched her face a bit closer to hers until the bell rang which made her shoot up in shock.

"i better get going." sam said, getting up from the ground.

"see you around, fraser." deena said, looking up at the blonde girl.

"you can call me sam, you know?"

"i thought your friends can only call you that?"

"i guess it's your lucky day." sam smiled, turning around and going back inside the school.

-

once school ended, sam felt exhausted. her posture was the worst. she just felt so weak for some reason but shook it off.

and what's worse is that there was a massive rain and she didn't have a car, she always walked to school.

sam started walking to her home but then she heard a car honk behind her.

she turned around to see that it was deena.

"need a ride home? you seem a bit wet." deena joked with a small laugh.

"you're disgusting. but yes please." sam said.

deena signalled sam to get in the car and she gladly did so.