problem .18

deena just stared at sam, not saying or doing anything.

sam raised her eyebrow. "earth to deena?"

deena shook her head and looked to the ground. "umm.."

"i'm sorry.. did i do something?" sam asked. "is there a problem?"

"no! of course not." deena answered. "what if.. what if we get caught?"

sam frowned. "what do you mean?"

"i know what your family is like, sam." deena said. "they don't like people like us. hell, your mom kicked you out for being a lesbian. imagine what they'll do when they find out."

"no one will see us. besides, they're at vacation."

"how can you know? this is a small town. everyone pretty much knows everyone here." deena said in a worried tone. "people gossip and before you know it, someone will tell your parents."

sam sighed, fiddling with her hands. "just trust me. no one will find out."

"okay.."

-

"did you have fun tonight?" sam asked as the two girls stood beside the doorstep. "i know it kinda failed and got awkward in the end. sorry about that."

deena chuckled, looking up at the blonde girl. "it's alright, sam." she said before leaning in and kissing sam on the cheek.

sam widened her eyes and chuckled awkwardly. "o-okay."

"see you tomorrow?" deena asked.

"yeah!" sam nodded repeatedly. "see you.. tomorrow."

deena smiled brightly before going into her home.

sam turned around, talking quietly to herself. "fuck yes."

-

sam walked through the hallway and felt a sense of touch on her right hand.

sam flinched and pulled away to see deena right beside her. "what are you doing?"

"trying to hold hands with you?"

"what the fuck happened to try not to get caught?"

"i changed my mind. i decided that we should just care less about what other people think." deena said.

"yeah? well, i didn't change my mind. if someone finds out, i am dead." sam groaned, going to her locker. "it's fine if we're alone. but if we're out in the open i'm sorry but.. i can't do it."

deena looked down, faking a smile. "it's fine. i'll see you later." she said before walking away from the blonde girl.

-

-

"deena!" sam yelled, running to her as she was just about to exit the school.

"what do you want, sam?" deena asked, rolling her eyes.

"i'm sorry for acting like a bitch." sam apologized. "it won't happen again."

"are you actually sorry though?" deena said. "or are you still embarrassed?"

sam looked down and said nothing.

"i thought so." deena sighed and turned around to walk away until sam pulled her back and kissed her.

sam slowly pulled away and looked around. "i'm done hiding. we like girls and so what? if people are gonna stare, let them stare."

deena smiled. "i knew you'd come around."

"don't jinx it." sam said, wrapping her arm around deena and walking out of the school with her.