decisions ✅

Alister lay unconscious up the floor of the pub, Katy next to him curled in a ball sobbing quietly

The silence was suffocating all four shelby brothers sitting at the bar thinking.

"What was they like" Artthur asked cautiously in hope that he didn't set tommy off

The shelby brothers in question tensed staring at his bloddy bruised knuckles
"She was right there" was all he could think his brain replaying the small time he had spend with her over and over again looking for something seeking out comfort in his memories "I've got a fucking daughter" "they're alive"

"Came barging in kicked the door right off its hinges gun ready" Finn chuckled quietly "they both looked like ya tommy" there was a moment of silence "spittin image"

John stood up and walked towards the body lying on the floor
"Listen sweetheart why don't you tell me where I can find me brothers children then we'll be out of ya way"

"It doesn't matter if you find them you won't be able to get any where near them they won't let you no one will " katy spat out "they want nothing to do with you any of you"

"Who won't let us get near them" Artthur questioned confused

A loud bang made John move back. Tommy had smashed the glass he had in his hand and now had his cap pressed into the side of her neck the other didn't even see him cross the room

"Tell me where the fuck they are or I'm going to slit your fucking throat and watch you choke on your own blood"

"You won't Jonathan he he wouldn't want that" she said shaking

Katy felt a sharp pain and she gasped jumping back

"I don't know okay I don't know they don't have a house they sleep here most if not all nights"

she blurted out motioning to the pub

"sometimes when he's mad at me tho I won't be able to find them here I know that Dan mentioned a warehouse once but thats it that's all I know he doesn't let me get involved with his job "

Tommy thought back to something that Alfie had told him

"Griffin yah I heard of the place had a warehouse for storing me Bread their sometime ago wasn't very profitable kept getting stolen from" He laughed "Yeah street kids run that town met one of two when I was selling the place"

Rose pov

We made it to the warehouse a while ago everyone had been called people where yelling and arguing

"Peaky fucking blinders in our town"
"What the fuck are we going to do about it"
"Give them what they want so that they fuck off"
"I'm telling ya they won't leave without a blood bath"

Rose sat at her desk in the corner of the warehouse the door hidden by boxes not on purpose but the only way to see the office is to know it was there

She was listening to the yells and she ran her hands through her hair in frustration as she tried to recollect her thoughts

Everything was fine this morning she was supposed to have a day off Relax have a drink Dan was dealing with shit during the day and Jonathan would sort everything out tonight but within the space of a day the man her mother risked everything to keep them safe from found them,her brothers relationships been destroyed and Rose was left with the hardest choice. Accept these people and the situation. Fight with everything she had and risk a bloody end or run.

Deep down she knew that the last one wasn't a choice she had people that depended on her here.

She used her shaking hands to grasp an old creased photo of her mother that was proped up on the desk.
She folded it and placed it in her shirt her pocket close to her heart hopping she would give her strength

The noise had quieted now and Rose knew they had ventured to the first floor of the warehouse to sleep most of Rose's gang members were the street kids she grew up with like Rose they had no home so they slept here the ones with homes deciding it was safer to sleep here then begin the long walk home with blinders all around

My brother walked into the room with a bag slung round his shoulder he pulled out a few things placed them on the desk before giving the bag to someone who stood by the door. Once that person rushed away I looked up to find my brother spreading some Jam onto a thin slice of bread and sliding in over to me.

I picked it up and ate quietly as My brother talked finding much needed comfort in his steady voice

"Miss Roccer said she heard there was some trouble, said we needed to make sure we were looking after ourselves if we wanted to come out the other side unscathed"

I nodded shaking my head when he offered me some fruit

"The others have plenty you don't need to worry " He muttered softly not giving Me a choice placing the apple infront of me "miss Roccer isnt the only one Trying to look after us all"

Truth be told the people in Griffin adored the children that ran around the streets so carefree loyal and caring. Many of them more than willing to lend a helping hand for free to anyone that needed it.

Mr Steel still hadn't forgotten Rose watching over his shop all them years ago when his wife and him had run into complications with their first pregnancy. He had rushed out of his shop so quick he didn't even have time to lock up.
He came rushing back in the early hour of the morning to see the damage of his shop happy that everything had gone to plan to find Rose curled up at his desk gun in hand watching over it.

Rose noded taking a bite of her apple as Jonathan handed her another one that she pocketed knowing she wouldn't be able able stomach it right now

He watched her but didn't complain buttering him self some bread "you know that's unsanitary" He pointed to a rock stained with blood on her desk

She smiled and stood

"I'm gonna go for a walk clear My head"

Jonathan nodded holding out his pinky for Rose
She connected hers with his a silent promise to stay safe and walked out of the warehouse and slowly to town.