Chapter 13: Escalations

Silence. It's quiet but in a comforting way. Like sitting down in a world without people. Like relaxing in a greenfield decorated with soft fluffy grass. Like bathing in the warm light under the bright sun—

Beeping, beeping, beeping, over and over again.

Her hand reaches for the device that keeps on beeping like a crying baby that just came out of the womb. Looking at her phone screen, she groans. 6:30 AM, an hour before class starts. Pressing snooze, she attempts to go back to sleep but a sudden ping catches her attention. Bringing the phone closer to her face, she raises an eyebrow as she realizes that she has received a text.

Catsu
Good morning.

(Y/N) smiles sleepily at the text before typing a reply.

Morning!:3

By the time another text arrives, (Y/N) is already fully awake. Though, it wasn't that long of a wait.

Catsu
Have you had breakfast yet?

Not yet I just woke up akaksksjks

Catsu
Oh, I see. I have already eaten and am getting ready to leave for school.

Whawhaaa??? You early birb how you waking up so fast!!

She can see the speech bubbles going on and on... seems like he's typing something long, though she's not sure.

Catsu
I managed^^

Or maybe not. Shrugging off, she types back a reply.

Welp imma get ready now then will probably go have breakfast at yuri's eheh
sandwiches again probably. girl loves her sandwiches

Catsu
oh alright!

You should try some!! Yuri makes the best sandwiches!! not like she can make anything else anyway hehe

She chuckles at her playful comment.

Catsu
Alright, I'll come over right now.

Suddenly, her smile drops as she sits up, frantically typing 'wait', 'stop' and 'no' over and over again.

waiatwait stopstop nooonoonono I was joking plssssss

He read her message, but it doesn't seem like he was typing back a reply. She stares at the screen for what seems to be a minute before she finally receives a reply.

Catsu
Oh, I'm sorry...

She can hear his sad voice and heart broken eyes just from reading that text.

Nuuuuu if you want to you can come over to my house and we can walk to school together how bout that?:<

Thinking about it now, that isn't a bad idea. That was until she remembers that they live in the opposite direction. The poor boy would have to walk to her house and then do another ten to twenty minutes walk just to get to school. She doesn't want to put him through all that trouble.

You don't have to tho it's gon be a long walk I don't want to bother you:'<

A reply comes back almost at the speed of light.